http://www.mapmyrun.com/ My neighbor and running buddy introduced me to this site a few months ago. It's a global mapping program, but what makes it superior to google is that I can map out my running route turn by turn and curve by curve and not just have to tell the computer "I want to get from A to B." Also, if you turn it to the satellite mode, it will map trails that you run on too! What a feature! It will also measure the altitude changes and graph it for you, so you know how hard the hills really were.

You can buy a subscription (or maybe it's free, I don't know) and it'll save your courses or just use it case by case, which is what I do. I love it!
http://www.epassportphoto.com/ As par for the course, I had a horrible experience at Wal-Mart trying to get passport photos taken. So in my frustration, I came home to see if there was a service to which I could upload a photo (this is 2009, for crying out loud. I shouldn't have to stand in front of a white screen and pay $8 for someone to take a horrible digital photo that wouldn't be accepted by the State Department. For the love, people). I found epassportphoto.com and have had so much fun creating my own passport photos. Now all I have to do is print it on photo paper (or take it to a copy center and pay $.45 to have them print it since my ink's too low). That's a savings of $7.55 that I can go to a movie with, or out to dinner, or tuck it away for a rainy day. AND I will have spent ZERO time at Wal-mart. Priceless!

3 comments:
Ahh Belize! How fun! And you will be able to use your Spanish. Does Kraig speak it too?
The passport thing is genius.
I love the mapping the route website. It sure beats driving it and using your car to track it, which the park people HATE because you ruin the grass when you track the greenbelt.
Just kidding.
The passport thing is cool, too.
Thanks for the great tips! The passport site will come in handy! Belize huh? What a great cruise!
Post a Comment