Friday, May 29, 2009

Follow the Orange Signs


I hosted my first yard sale today! It was so exciting: the thrill of watching droves of people stop at my house to look at my treasures, bartering for a good price, selling the big ticket items (Adirondack lawn furniture, crib, bike, snow blower), making new friends (I met one lady who's the wife of childhood acquaintance--she stayed to talk for 20 minutes), and making money on things I didn't need anymore. It's so exciting!
We were cleaned out pretty good today, so if any neighbors or friends want to drop some stuff off, we'll sell it for you (and give you the money, of course). The best attended yard sales have lots of items at the beginning of the day, so to sell what we have left, we need your stuff! Bring it over!
Just follow the ORANGE signs!

9 comments:

Erika said...

I drove by around 9:45 this morning you looked busy! I am glad it went well!

Jon and Diana said...

Why did you sell your crib? Do you have two?

Jacqui said...

Ya, I sold the 2nd crib I bought for Joshy when Andy was still in a crib and Josh was too big for the cradle. I like our original one that we bought for Andy much better, so that's the one I've kept.

Robin Fisher said...

For some reason, "Clean House" is on TV when I sit down to nurse. YIPPEE for people who get rid of stuff they don't need :)

Christi said...

Nice work. We need to do one. I always make Tom man the money...I'm no good at the haggling.

Robin...sit down to nurse. That means I need some updates! When, boy/girl, stats, l/d go okay...SHARE!

Kelli said...

Looks like a great time! I hope it went well for you!

Brenny said...

I'm so glad it went well!

Nichols said...

Are you moving? OR where did you have all that stuff to begin with! Kudos to you!

Peay Family said...

Oooooh, I am so sorry I missed it. I'm sure it was well marked and clean, just the kind of garage sale I love to visit!