Thursday, September 4, 2008

Today, I am an Official Soccer Mom

Andy had his first soccer game today.He was pretty excited. He's had two practices over the last few weeks and at each practice the coach had everyone using their own soccer balls to practice kicking and scoring goals. I wondered a little how it would turn out to have just one soccer ball for 10 kids during the game.Andy did great. He was a little confused at the beginning and ran off the playing field TWICE to get his ball (instead of kicking the game ball right in front of him) when I'd yell "ANDY! KICK THE BALL!" All the parents got a big kick out of it.



After halftime, the coach switched balls and brought Andy's ball into the game. Every time someone else kicked the ball he'd break into tears. We'll work on sharing this week :)


As a side note, Andy upgraded from his 'three wheeler' to his 'two (four) wheeler this week. I can't believe he's getting so big. He's already started wearing a goove in the sidewalk riding up and down infront of the house. What a kid!

10 comments:

Robin Fisher said...

What a cutie!! Yes, you are a soccer mom. Congrat! He looks so grown-up on the bike. I think that is what Amanda is going to get for her birthday.

Christy said...

Okay, that is ridiculously cute!!! Oh my heck!
I remember when my little brother was that age and played soccer - holy cuteness! Lol, when he'd get tired during the game, he'd just lay on down wherever he was until he got some energy, then pop on up and go back to playing. :)

Lisa said...

That is so funny! I love watching little kids play soccer, they are too cute! I can't wait to put Fisher into soccer, then finally I can be classified as a "soccer mom" that is so cool!

Peay Family said...

I guess it was inevitable seeing as you already had the mini-van. Congrats on your new status to soccer mom.

LAC said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACQUI!!! (i know, boo for Laura being 2 days late, but I hope it was a wonderful day and that the boys treated you to something exciting)
Love ya!!

Brenny said...

Yeah! Why wasn't there anything about your birthday?

I love that Andy kept heading off the field for his ball, and then got upset when other kids kicked his ball. Such a cute boy! I know, not sharing, but he is only 2 1/2. Wait, he can't grow up that fast!

Christi said...

Good times!

Kelli said...

I love that story! The trauma of it all! So cute! Thanks for brightening up my day. Actually it is night so it seems even brighter!

Lisa said...

Jacqui, just wanted to thank you for the yummy salsa recipe, I got 2 batches, and I can't wait to eat it. It was my first time canning anything on my own, and overall it went well. However, I would add to the recipe to wear gloves while cutting jalapenos - my hands totally got burned - I should have known better. Thanks again, I now feel way more accomplished as a woman.

Baby's got blue eyes said...

Yeah! for soccer moms!