Friday, September 19, 2008

My little Picasso

Andy lost his crayon/marker privileges a few months ago. I haven't felt he's earned the privilege back again, so he's been using short colored pencils when he colors.

Well, he found a red marker in the back yard. Heaven knows how long it's been there because it's not a kind I've ever owned, but the ink inside was still as fresh as a new Crayola. Andy, with total un-mom-supervised freedom, decided to draw on himself. When he came inside and I noticed the drawings on his legs and hands, I had him take me out back to show me where he'd gotten the marker. As we descended down the deck stairs he exclaimed, "Ohmygoodness! Look at that!" and pointed to his Little Tykes Cozy Coup:

He acted so surprised, as if he had no idea how the drawings appeared on the roof of his car. Or on the back door. Or on the siding.

What a stinker.

12 comments:

Christy said...

Rencher, your kids are awesome! :) At least it wasn't your walls.

Jacqui said...

Well, technically, he did autograph the walls outside :)

Robin Fisher said...

I love his surprise. You are going to have to watch that one :)

Robin Fisher said...

Oh, yeah, one word or is it two--Magic Erasers. They are AWESOME!

stephanie said...

Girl I am so impressed, biking running, how am I ever going to keep up with you!!! Hey I would conseder you family, hello, you are married to the biggest family chain in the world!! Ps which I am so glad that Craig married you! OH and magic erasers really do work! I buy the rite aid brand they are way cheaper and they work just the same!

LKC said...

At least it wasn't the walls in the nursery at church. Yes, that would be my boy. BTW, who buys non-washable crayons for a bunch of 1.5 to 3 year olds? Russians, apparently.

Jacqui said...

I picked any up at Nursery today, Lindsey, and he was covered--shirt hands, everything--with ink from a RED and BLUE ink pad. I'm going to see if the nursery will foot the bill for a new white sunday shirt. Sheesh! What possessed them to bring that activity to class?

Jacqui said...

I meant to say that I pick ANDY up at nursery. Not any. Whoops

Ashley said...

I can't believe they brought ink pads to nursery. A neighbor girl once colored in blue sharpie on my bathroom wall while he mom was at my house for a presidency meeting. Even the magic eraser didn't get it out. It's still there. It's even less cute when it's someone else's kid! Pretty funny that he acted surprised about it though.

Kelli said...

Clever little lad! And talented! This is why we put up whiteboard on one whole wall in the boys room!

Brenny said...

Tears of laughter. Tears. Of. Laughter. What a funny kid.

Brenny said...

Guess his lost pen/marker privileges has been extended.