

Monday and Tuesday we headed up to Dillon, Colorado to do some more biking. Monday afternoon we biked around Dillon Lake on a paved RecPath that Summit County has so kindly provided for our use. It was BEAUTIFUL! We went about 12 miles round trip--past the lake and marina, over the dam, through the woods, and almost to the Wal-mart in Frisco :) It was a pretty easy ride, considering what we did the next day.


After the ride we went out to dinner and then back to the hotel for swimming. Yes, we were trying to wear the kids out as much as possible :)

The next morning after breakfast we headed up the hill to the "Tenderfoot" mountain trail.
It was about a 10.5 mile loop from Dillon through the mountains to Keystone and then back around by the lake. It was a dirt bike trail, and man! It was HARD work! Thankfully Kraig was pulling the kids behind him. I had a hard enough time getting myself up some of those hills.
It was about a 10.5 mile loop from Dillon through the mountains to Keystone and then back around by the lake. It was a dirt bike trail, and man! It was HARD work! Thankfully Kraig was pulling the kids behind him. I had a hard enough time getting myself up some of those hills.
We just had one equipment malfunction--Kraig's back tire fell off. Random.

It was a great trip. The lake was so blue it was unreal. The trees were just starting to change. The temperature was perfect--mid 60's.

I highly recommend spending some time in Summit County this fall!
6 comments:
I'm so jealous. It's freezing and gray here right now.
Gorgeous! Darren and I need to get up the hill soon. I'm glad you had a good time.
And just so it is said, taking a biking vacation to the mountains is a VERY Colorado thing to do. Good job. :)
Sounds like so much fun. Tell me you have a comfy bike seat. That makes my bum hurt just thinking about all that riding.
When we bought Kraig's bike, it had one of those comfy gel covers for his seat. He graciously moved it to my bike before our first bike trip, but it didn't help a whole lot. My bum still hurt for the first few times I rode the bike. It's much better now. I'm sure you were concerned about my bum :)
I'm jealous! So beautiful(the pictures not the sore bum). Maybe I should buy a bike.
It is beautiful! You go girl (and boys)!
Post a Comment