Thursday, September 25, 2008

What's the real illusion here?

Last night Kraig and I caught the tail end of David Blaine's "Drop of Death." It was pretty disappointing, but that's a subject of whole different post. The real reason I'm posting about it is because I had a hard time focusing on the 'illusion.' I couldn't get over the fact that David Blaine looks incredibly similar to my Junior Prom date, Josh Dimick:
I lost contact with Josh after high school, so who knows? Maybe it is him. It wouldn't be "David's" first amazing illusion.

And just because I was searching around in my old scrap books, here's a photo of me at my junior prom--was I really that skinny? Oh and that weird growth on my neck was on the scanner--not my body on the original photo.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

That is so funny. You look adorable in that picture, and you look exactly the same now! Ohhh 1997 . . .

LKC said...

I remember that guy! If your blog was not private, I'm sure he'd be blog-stalking you right now.

And you look smoking in that picture! I can't believe that much time has passed. Our kids are going to be asking us what film was when they get older. Remember having to wait to get pictures DEVELOPED to see what they looked like? That waiting period was painful.

Kelli said...

What fun and how darling you look! You haven't changed a bit! And yes, you are right, Josh does look a lot like him! Strange!

Brenny said...

Wierd. I remember that kid. Didn't you dump him pretty hard? I remember and that dress, too. You do look great, but it's sleeveless. How are you going to explain that one to your daughters? Oh wait, you aren't going to have girls. Then there isn't a problem!

You realize I'm only bring it up because I'm totally jealous. I would never have had the nerve to wear something that showed my arms...

Robin Fisher said...

Ahhh, prom. Brings back memories.

Christy said...

Dude, the magician is totally creepy looking. I hope that wasn't your prom date!
Okay, you totally had a bizzare "steel magnolias" week, didnt' you? Wierd!!!
I love that you and your Sister use your blogs as inside jokes too. :) Its so fun!

LAC said...

LOVE IT! He is so David Blaine.