Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Season is Officially Open

Pumpkin Cookie Season is OPEN!!
(These aren't just Web photos--These are the real deal)
I know! I know! It's two days before October. What was I thinking? I was thinking that it was Fast Sunday in our ward today and a pumpkin cookie sounded like a great way to break my fast.

I enjoyed many cookies after dinner (it was torture to share the cookies hot out of the oven with the kids and not get to snack on one myself)--some with chocolate chips, but most without.

I hope to enjoy many, MANY batches of cookies this October. I hope each of you gets at least one batch in too. They are especially great as a General Conference snack.

I posted this last October, but here's a refresher:

Jacqui's Pumpkin Cookies

Preheat oven to 375. Grease 2 cookie sheets.

Cream together:
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar

Add and mix well:
1 cup cooked pumpkin (ONLY use Libby's pumpkin. Everything else is gross. Trust me, I've tried 'em all)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Stir together and add to above mixture:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice

Stir in:
1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Drop cookies onto well-greased cookie sheet and bake about 12-13 minutes. DON'T OVER BAKE!!

Admit it. Now that you've seen the cookie and read about the cookie, you won't be able rest until you have one.
Enjoy!!!

8 comments:

Christy said...

Ooooohhh! Ooooh! Ohhh!!!! I LOVE pumpkin cookie time of year! Hot dang, the first time I ever had them was when you made them in the halfway house... man oh man. Those are some dang good cookies, Rencher. Yum. I'm coming over to your house!

Jacqui said...

I'll be glad to share the goodness, Warnick. Come on over!

Brenny said...

I'll be over after work.

Brenny said...

That isn't the ONLY reason I'll be over after work. I need to pick up my tupperware. Yeah, that's right. Is that the other thing you wanted to tell me last night? I did get tires this morning at your Sam's, but I feel I need to warn you that they are the slowest tire guys I have ever seen. You know, just in case you were thinking about getting tires there. I can't figure out if it was because it was before 8:00 or what...

Robin Fisher said...

I have officially made my first batches of pumpkin cookies, too. AHHH, fall. They are some to of the cookies that Adam can eat.
I thought about sending some to Mike, but if I wait just a few more weeks (Brenny, we can make some) he will be able to eat them fresh.
My pregnant friend, Dallas, swears they are better than narcotics for getting rid of migraines during pregnancy.

Kelli said...

Love pumpkin cookies! The look yummy! I will have to pick up some pumpkin today!

Ashley said...

I have the fondest memory of you making those cookies during October conference at Liberty Square. I was sitting on the couch by the window with my Econ book and the air smelled of pumpkin spice and all was right with the world. They are delicious and my mom uses your recipe all the time.

LKC said...

I just made my second batch of the season. With imported Crisco and Libby's pumpkin. Mmmm.