Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Spy Sunday quiet bags

So I just whipped out a quick project.

I am constantly racking my brain for new ideas to keep the littles entertained and reverent during church. Mostly it's selfish because I get nothing out of the meeting if I am finding new activities for them every 35 seconds.

Anyway, I looked into making these I Spy bags a few years ago, but decided it would be too expensive to buy all the filler toys and pebbles. I gave up, but have always kept the idea in mind.

My mind started turning last week after a particularly trying meeting. I unearthed a "quiet book" that I made years ago, but I still thought i needed something more for the big boys. The I Spy bags came back to mind.

Who ever said I had to buy anything or that the bags had to be just like the ones my friends have for their children?I don't roll that way.

I used fabric from my scrap box, mini toys and loose items from the kids' toy box (that I normally throw away once a month when I sort the toys), and rice and lentils from the food storage. Free! Free! Free!

I am excited to give these to the kids on Sunday and see what they think!

What do you spy?

1 comment:

Helen said...

I spy the letter "d" or is it a "p" that is upside down. I also see a very clever, resourceful mom and lucky boys!