.
Saturday I got this crazy whim to make a few extra dollars this Christmas season, I'd sell my dinner rolls to my friends for Thanksgiving. Crazy, I know! I crunched the numbers (thank you, Excel spreadsheet) and found out how much each batch and dozen costs down to the penny.
.I knew I couldn't do it alone, and of course I'd want Kraig's culinary help anyway, so I ran the idea by him. He thought it sounded fun, the only problem was advertising and selling my rolls when Thanksgiving was 5 days away.
.Well, I shouldn't have worried. I posted an event on Facebook, invited a few people in my area to join, and 12 hours later I had orders for 30 dozen rolls! Needless to say, I'm a little taken aback by such a positive response. I expected a few close friends to take pity on my little attempt at being an entrepreneur, buy a dozen each, and I'd make $10.
.Thankfully a few of the orders are for Wednesday, but it looks like I'll be up extra early Thanksgiving morning making rolls :) I'm actually kind of excited. 
So, here's my shameless plug: If any of my local blog readers need a dozen or two dinner rolls before Thanksgiving and know they just won't be satisfied with store bought Rhodes, send an order or two my way!
6 comments:
Dang it! When are you moving back to Utah for heavens sake. Jenn was just telling me today that she has to make 9 dozen rolls for our family dinner! I would totally help her but people expect to eat them. If you lived close I would order a bunch and help Jenn out!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you should be charging way more.
WHAT?!?!?! You are asking for more orders? Didn't you hear me laughing at you on the phone last night because you already had 30 dozen?
I still think it is a good idea, especially because your rolls are YUMMY.
Those. Look. Amazing. YUM. Girl, you are nuts. LOL. 30 dozen? I love that you and Kraig both cook and are being so very crafty about this holiday craziness. By next year you'll have to move into a commercial-sized kitchen to fill all the orders!!
HOLY SMOKES! Making one batch of those suckers levels me for the rest of the day. I agree with Lindsey--you should raise the price next year--at least double!!! Hope you survived!
You are awesome! I can't wait to see the pictures.
Post a Comment