A family bike trip up to Lake Dillon. We took two trailers this year, so, that's right, I was pulling a child behind my bike. It wasn't so bad, but I was worn out by the end of the day. We had a cookout lunch and even let Andy ride his own bike on part of the trail. We were so proud of him that he pushed himself up some of those big hills! He kept saying, "Mom, I'm gonna do my best!" That's right, Bud. You always do! 




Trying to tell Andrew how to take a photo of us.

These were hard hills for me and my 21 gears, so I can only imagine what it was like for him with no gears and training wheels. Everyone we passed cheered him on!
A dangerous craving for some Venezuelan food. I have been so fixated on arepas for the last few weeks that I'm ready to declare them a pregnancy craving, adding to the list of snow cones and french onion soup. Mmm! Delicious! If you've never tried an arepa, come on over. They're certainly not in short supply here! 

Slice it open, douse it in butter and cheese and viola! It's a meal!
A good book combined with little sleep and pregnancy hormones. You got it! Complete waterworks! At one low point during these few days Andrew, Joshua and I all found ourselves sitting on the floor crying, wishing Daddy were home. 

Kraig's practice for his practical exams. We are right on the cusp of finishing Kraig's 2 year apprenticeship program. All his hard work, studying, and classes are leading up to his final written exam and final practical exam in 2 weeks. There's hardly a conversation in this house that doesn't involve some aspect of his plate. I can't believe the end is actually this close. 

A Father-Sons camp out in the backyard. Kraig rarely has two days off in a row, but he did this week and took advantage to have a camp out for two nights with the boys. Kraig was a little late getting home from class the first night and I thought for sure the children were going to pop some fuses for the excitement. I love that my husband will help our children create fun memories of story telling, lanterns, starry nights, and crisp mornings. And I get to sleep on the comfort of my Tempur-pedic mattress inside.
Six Flags Elitch Gardens. Kraig and I have been planning a trip to Elitch's since we moved to Denver and this summer was going to be our golden summer...and then I got pregnant. So, we took our free tickets (a gift from a co-worker) and the children (who were also free) and spent the day watching the children and Kraig have a marvelous time. I had a good time too, don't get me wrong, but the thrill of the "Boomerang" just wasn't the same sitting outside the gate :)

I dressed the children in matching yellow shirts so that at any point in any crowd, I could spot either of them. It was a life saver more than a few times.


Check out Andy's look of terror on this kiddie roller coaster. Josh is next to him, but I missed his expression. The ride goes around a very short track 3 times before the next set of kids gets on and both my boys got off after the first trip. All Josh would say was, "It was so scary."

Ok, here's my proof. Tell my OB that the carousel and the train were the only rides I went on.

Kraig's the one at the top in the white shirt and hat. I think he left that seat open in homage to me. Sniff, sniff. Your next question should have been, "Why is he wearing a hat on a loop-d-loop roller coaster?" I don't know. He lost it :(

This is the ride whose sole purpose it is to get everyone drenched. Andy's tucked behind Kraig (in the white shirt in front), I'm sure making the same scared face he did on the kiddie coaster. All Andy said afterwards was, "It was SO scary."

Joshua and I spent a lot of time together chillin' in the shade.

Not to see Elitch's is not to see Denver. Done. Check.

Our handsome thrill seekers. I hope we haven't scarred them for life.
12 comments:
You gotta love those pregnancy hormones, I didn't experience them too bad with my last pregnancy, but it has been pretty bad this time (as my husband will attest to). I think it has a lot to do with the fact that this one is a girl - maybe you should start gearing up for pink!! I can't believe you can eat arepas by the way, I am still so sick of them from the mission.
What fun you are having! I love pregnancy hormones. I love knowing that I am completely wacked and that this make for a good laugh later. Much later.
So many fun things! Dillon looked beautiful and ELiches SO fun.
The look on Andy's face! Too funny. Wow, looks like you guys are packing in the summer fun before the weather turns cold!
I tell ya, there are sometimes just vibes in the air! While I was hiking this Saturday, I saw a bike pulling a kid-cart like yours andn you popped into my head. I found myself wondering if you'd been on any more of your fabulous biking adventures! Lo and behold, your newest blog!
Lots of fun stuff going on lately! :)
Your family is so cute! How fun to do all that you do. We wish we could play like you do! We wish Kraig the very best on the test!! We know he will be one if not the top in his class to grad. You are awesome Kraig! Jacqui you too work very hard and he couldn't do it without you so way to go to you too! We love you all like CRAZY!
Looking forward to the fun news coming.
You have been mighty busy my dear! Love Andy on his bike.
I am reading Austenland by Shannon Hale. The Actor and the Housewife are in my que. Sad tears or happy tears?
So you made the arepas from scratch? I'd love to try them, but french onion soup is first.
I kinda know how you feel. This is my first summer since Jon and I got married that I wasn't pregnant, so we did the Lagoon trip for our anniversary. There were several rides that we wished Josh could've ridden with us. Your boys are adorable. Good idea with the yellow shirts. I do that when we go to the neighborhood park.
I love those yellow Rencher shirts :) You can spot them from a mile away.
Looks like you guys had a blast.
We know Kraig will do awesome!!
Your boys are so cute. :)
Your boys are handsome! Makes it all worth it right?! It sounds kind of wrong but it is kinda true ;-). I had to smile at your crying episode story because we had something very similar this week... What do we have to go through sometimes... Well, it looks like you are still having a fun time together, whenever you can, and that is what matters most :-).
Post a Comment