Monday, August 3, 2009

It's not so bad

Animals with a longer gestation time than me:


Elephant: 22 Months

She does not look happy or comfortable. I don't think the person who drew this had ever seen an actual female elephant before.


Donkey: 12 Months



Cow: 10 Months



Hippopotamus: 10 Months

How did Google know this Hippo was pregnant? Aren't all hippos this size?



Whale: 19 Months

I know. I don't want any lectures about a Killer Whale not actually being a whale, but the decent photos of a pregnant whale are hard to find.


So if I got pregnant at the same time as all these beasts, I'd deliver my baby first. Hip hip horray! My gestating baby is due February 28th (or sometime the week before). Hopefully I won't get as big as those animals, but I'm making no guarantees. I gained 3 pounds in the last two weeks between doctor appointments. Thankfully today was my first official OB appointment, so those three pounds don't count. Right?

Our little peanut a few weeks ago.

13 comments:

Robin Fisher said...

Ha, ha, ha...clunk.
Do you remember that card you sent me when I was pregnant with Adam--something about people not noticing her fat ankles?

Kelli said...

Congrats again! I am glad humans are not pregnant for 22 months. Can you imagine how grumpy that would make us? or maybe that is just me.

Helen said...

It would be interesting to know if animals have morning sickness, too. :-) If morning sickness were proportionate (like most women) to the total time pregnant, they would have my empathy! Can't you just hear the elephant asking her mate, "Do I look like a whale?"

Jon and Diana said...

Perfect timing. You just took family pictures and won't have to again until mini you is born and maybe even a few months old if you wait until spring time. How exciting for you. What does Andy think? does he understand? What does he think it will be? Has he giving the baby a name yet?

LKC said...

You can add me to the list of longer gestation periods than you. Include a picture too. I'd fit right in.

PS. This is going to be a pink one for sure. I can feel it.

Christi said...

So I don't get it...don't you consider 4 weeks in a month, then you count weeks and you are due 40 weeks after you mentrate, so isn't that pretty much 10 months, too. And, since it is all so confusing...how many months you are, I guess since you have the baby at the end of the ninth month, you start refering to it in weeks, but the weeks don't really correlate to the months. It's so tricky. And, I recently read that in France they actually consider 41 weeks to be the typical gestation.

In any case...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And, good luck telling people how far along you are...tricky stuff, I tell you.

Stacy said...

Jacqui, do you know what is so weird? - I got on your blog with the thought in mind that maybe you posted something about being pregnant. I have no idea why. It's 4:30 in the morning right now and I can't sleep because I feel nauseous. I think I feel most like your last animal pictured there - the whale. However she is even doing better than I am. She is doing a fabulous jump out of the water. I don't have near enough energy to be doing something like that. Anyway, congratulations!! That's exciting!

Brenny said...

You make me laugh. I think my favorite comment is Christi's. Every time one of our friends gets pregnant for the first time they bring up the 9 months/40 weeks dicotomy. It makes me laugh. We are so excited for you!

Peay Family said...

I don't care how long an elephant is pregnant for, I gotta tell ya that at 36 weeks pregnant, 40 seems an eternity. Will it never end!!!!

Nichols said...

Congratulations! More little baby Webbs!!! Looking forward to seeing more about baby!

Ashley Preston said...

I am feeling like any one of those animals right now! No really, pregnancy is great. Congrats to you and your boys!

Ashley said...

I don't count any weight gain before the first official appt. It's heinous enough after that!

Russon said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you guys!