Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'm tired and whining. Be warned.

I'm so tired. I can't seem to hardly function with the exhaustion. I don't remember it being this bad when I was pregnant with Joshua, probably because I've never been this tired in my life. I'm about ready to fold in all my pursuits. Kraig's working long hours (bless him for providing for our family), Andy's nighttime potty training is not going well (It's actually not horrible, but there were 2 accidents last night--I'm completely open to suggestions), the next door neighbors are getting a new roof today and I'm pretty sure the pounding and nailing will drive me crazy.

Thankfully my mother just showed up to help for a bit today while our new bedroom windows are installed.

6 comments:

Christi said...

Ohhhh. Take a nap!!!!! That baby building is serious business.

As far as night time potty...we had a harder time with our best (deepest) sleeper. So, between him and the other two boys, here is some stuff we've learned:
1. plastic mattress cover
2. the waterproof, but soft mattress pad...the kind that you don't have to actually put around the corners of the mattress
3. sometimes just a really absorbent towel...either under or over the sheet...when I got tired of always changing the sheet, or when we were getting multiple bed wettings I'd just got straight for the towel
All of those things helped cut down on the middle of the night stress of changing sheets. As far as the actual bed wetting, I think it just comes with time. One thing that did seem to help was to wake him up before we went to bed, to go potty. We never had a problem with them waking all the way up...you do have to make sure they are aiming at the toilet sometimes. :)

GOOD LUCK! Things will get better 2nd trimester, anyway. :)

Peay Family said...

I know exactly what you are talking about and I am soooooo sorry. I could hardly move during my first trimester - it does get better though. If your boys nap at the same time make sure you lay down as well, it is the only thing that has saved me!

Bryce and Karlene said...

Jacqui you are so cute! Being preg. is tiring enough then add on two more kids to run around with and,(I'm sure) a little stressed out from Kraig's work, school, studing,and just life in general and way to go!!! Anyone would be tired from just the second part but growing a baby, YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Keep up the great work you are doing! About potty training at night, I think when the body is ready, it will do it by itself. That might be a cop-out way to go about it but we had one that was almost 9yr. before he could go through the whole night and we tried everything. So we ended up just having him wear diapers until he couldn't fit in them anymore, took him everynight before we went to bed and washed sheets almost everyday. I felt worse for him then me because he was such a sound sleeper he wouldn't even wake up to know he went and I knew he wasn't doing it on purpose. Anywho, good luck and we'll be praying for you. We wish Kraid luck too on Wed. he will do Awesome I'm sure. Loads of love and kisses too to your family from ours

Trish said...

I feel for you. Totally.
We've done the towel thing too. It does help make night time changes quick. I know for me, when I'm that tired and pregnant, everything grates on my last nerve. You need your sleep!!

Ashley said...

Being tired is the worst. I hate being tired. You feel like crap and can't get anything done. And yet, you aren't sick enough to check out of life. I hope you feel back to normal soon!

La Belle Belge said...

All I can say is I'm living it with you (including the long work hours). I haven't potty trained Loic at night yet but don't you worry they still wake up for one reason or another and Tony never hears them for some reason... So when I can't do it anymore, I wake him up to go take care of them, at least on the weekends for sure. Do you check your iron often? I actually got an iron shot because I can't take the pills but my iron always gets super low when I am pregnant. It made a huge difference as far as tiredness goes. Anyways, I need to get some pregnancy meals suggestions from you ;-)