Monday, August 24, 2009

Like the flip of a switch

The constant barfies are over! I hardly noticed, but I passed the 13 week mark this weekend and true to my pregnancy form my persistent nausea and aversion to food has ended. Of course it's replaced now with hunger nausea, but that's easily managed: I just eat all the time. But I feel so much better. So bring on all the things I love, starting with

French Onion Soup

9 comments:

nicole said...

congrats! Let the eating begin! I am glad you are hungry in time for the cruise!

Ashley said...

Yay! I totally get hunger nausea the whole pregnancy. I feel lucky to not get the sick nausea--but I also get massive weight gain! But food is a pregnant woman's only joy so I'm glad you can face it again.

Erika said...

So glad you will be in a "hungry" mood for the cruise!

Brenny said...

What a roller coaster. I'm going to call later, but I'm so glad you are feeling better, especially that the nausea is over. Man, I love food, and that onion soup looks YUMMY!

Helen said...

Does that mean that I can resume giving you recipes. :-) I came across one today -- Carrot-Cucumber Salad. PS - I think the French Onion Soup looks good, too.

Christi said...

Hallelujah! Nausea is so ick, I'm glad it's over!!!

Kkelly said...

Yeah!!! The worst is being a lover of food and not being able to enjoy it. Enjoy it all now!

La Belle Belge said...

Jacqui you crack me up! Indeed we are alike in many ways. The funny thing is I haven't made an official announcement yet but YES, I AM EXPECTING! I am about 4 weeks behind you and I am still feeling miserable... I wish I had come to your blog sooner. You make me laugh and totally KNOW what's up! So yes, in my last whining blog entry I omitted to say that a large portion of my un-well-being was attributed to the fact that I was pregnant but YOU guessed right, ha!ha! The funniest of all is that I made French onion soup for diner tonight--I know I took a big risk but so far so good.We'll see for how long...

La Belle Belge said...

Oh, I forgot to mention I'm glad you are feeling better!!