Walmart. Does Walmart do this to anyone else? I walk in there for a quick little something and I leave frustrated, annoyed, and tense at the hastle of this one-stop shopping experience. Examples:

- What I'm looking for is never where I expect it to be. Matches. Where do you think would be a logical place to find matches? On the candle aisle? With the Duraflame logs? No. After wandering the store I discovered them hidden on the bottom shelf with the cooking utensils. Go figure.
- There's NEVER a sales associate around when I need help. If I do manage to hunt a blue-vester down, it's a mind numbing experience with me walking away more misdirected than I was before.
- Checkout. I don't know about other Walmarts in the world, but my Walmart only has 3 check stands open at a time. That's right, 3. Oh there are at least 25 to choose from, but there are only ever 3.
- Customer Service. I think they should rename it. I remember when I got married that Walmart would take anything back, with or without a receipt, whether they stocked it or not. Those were the days. I tried to exchange a pair of Andy's jammies (unworn, still in the packaging) for a larger size without a receipt and they wouldn't let me because the bar codes weren't the same. Grrr!
What makes you tense? Please feel free to rant and rave. It helps.
9 comments:
umm,did having my kids all weekend make you tense, too?
I get most frustrated with stupid people who use good air. The list includes, but is not limited to--Walmart sales associates, Home Depot sales associates, people who call into Dr. Laura (my radio is broken and I can only get AM talk radio--COME ON, did you just listen to what you said?!?!?!)and Presidental Canidates (mostly Clinton and Obama)
Looking for lightbulbs at Walmart, sitting in traffic, dealing with insurance people -- health, car, home, it doesn't matter.
Recently car salesman have also joined the list. I get tense just watching them speed walk towards me. Will this one have any product knowledge? Will he make assumptions about what I want and am willing to pay? Will he pressure me to take a test drive? Deep breath Brenda, deep breath...
One thing that de-stresses me? Cute pictures of your kids. I love the new side pics! The one of Joshy just makes me laugh.
No, Rob, your kids didn't make the list.
I totally feel the same way about Home Depot. I never have a positive experience there.
The phone company. Qwest is always trying to talk down to me, "Obviously, miss, you need me to review your phone services so I can upgrade you to the most expensive program to save you the most money." NO! I just want to know why you charged me $25 extra! Don't waste my time!
Yes, Qwest.. one time last year a qwest customer service rep told me that I needed to get a house phone because cell phones are unpredictable and that during an emergency, only land lines would be useful. I asked if he thought it was so important that he was going to pay my land line bill. He told me that he wouldn't be able to do that. DUH! Also, when you are done with qwest they send you a bill, then a final bill, then a revised final bill. Come On people. Who doesn't know how to condense information. And, I love Target, don't care for walmart. Thanks, I feel better now.
I'm afraid that Walmart doesn't make the list for me, I am a HUGE fan. And a little tip on exchanging the p.j.'s, just return the smaller pair and have them put the refund on a gift card (they will always do that without a receipt) then go and use the card to buy the new pair. Ya just have to understand the system (can you tell I have some experience in this area?)
And as for things that particularly irk me,the list includes - people who wake up my baby from naps, junk mail, and bad grammar.
I forgot something.. Walmart never has enough cart stalls in the parking lot. That results in people leaving carts all over the place, including touching my car which then makes a dent.In the first three weeks after getting our new car, THREE dents or scratches came from the Walmart parking lot. Yes, I've made complaints to store managers.
Amen to the Walmart complaints. But I must add that our beloved Target is WAY WORSE when it comes to returns. Two a year, what's up with that?
The thing that drives me crazy about walmart is the stuff in the iles, makes the place look like a dump, oh and the other thing is that there isn't one by me, you really know how much you rely on walmart when the closest one is a fortyfive minutes away.
Post a Comment