


Apparently a rock was thrown from the other side of the freeway that crossed the median and smashed the back driver side quarter glass. So she cleaned up the mess, called the glass guy to come and fix it and was going to get on her way except for one thing: the glass man brought the wrong glass to fix it. 



Here's the problem: our van was manufactured by Dodge in Oct 1995 so they consider it a 1996 model with the new body style. That's great but halfway through 1996 the whole "two sliding doors" thing caught on and they redesigned it again, making our little van obsolete and therefore making the driver side quarter glass impossible to find. We checked all across the country for a new pane with no luck. Our next step is salvage yards, but we've yet to find our exact same van model. We'll try again tomorrow, but until then, here's our solution:





Unfortunately I don't have a photo of the finished product, but it's a sight to behold. Let me just say, "Plexiglas, wood strips, and bolts." It's pretty impressive. I might fore go looking for the real glass and just hang onto this little beauty :) The only way it could be more redneck is if it were garbage bags and mudflaps covering up the window :) But at least it's not plywood and duct tape.
9 comments:
Holy ordeal with a red neck solution Batman! Does this mean Robin still isn't gone or has she hit the road? What a lousy situation. I hope you can find a replacement!
I love the picture of Kraig scratching his head like he is trying to see Dad's vision. It works in the end, but sometimes you can't see it. We've all been there Kraig. We've all been there...
Yikes, that looks scary and dangerous...was anyone in the back?
Man, what is it with you Renchers and bad luck with cars? Good thing Clifford was there for the rescue.
Ya, dad's got a knack for fixing things.
Yes, Robin's daughter was sitting next to the window. She was just fine, if not a little scared. The whole didn't appear until Robin stopped the car and shut the doors.
What a bummer. So sorry. Who would have known?! Hope you can get it fixed soon. Good Luck!
Ha ha ha. So, camping sounds fun. I bought a used pack'n play from our local classifieds before we went camping and it was a lifesaver!!
I agree! What is it with you gals and car problems? I am glad Robin and crew were ok and I loved the description of the redneck repair job!
Oh, I just read that there was someone in the back. SCARY! So glad she wasn't hurt.
Post a Comment