Friday, June 6, 2008

A little male bonding

Our ward's Fathers and Sons outing is scheduled for tonight and tomorrow. Kraig was planning on going, but his work schedule is such that he can't make the four hour round trip drive to the campground. So we explored lots of other options, keeping a close eye on the weather. We've had a bit of a cold, rainy spell the last few days so a lot of choices in the mountains were just out of the question. Solution? The backyard!

Andy helped Daddy set up the tent.

He discovered that the tent poles make good swords.

"OK, Daddy, I'll help."

Getting things arranged.

Snuggled in for the night.
Lights out!
Early morning sun warming the tent.

Kraig and Andy had lots of fun eating snacks and reading stories by lantern-light. I think it was such a success that it can definitely go on the list of fun, easy activities.

6 comments:

Brenny said...

How fun! That was a perfect solution. I hope they had a great time together...

Jon and Diana said...

I've been wanting to do the same thing in my backyard! Actually, I really want to build a fire ring also, that sounds so fun to just chill outside and roast hot dogs and mallows. Yum. I'm glad Kraig didn't opt out of boy time just because of work. What a great dad!

Ashley said...

That is so cute! What a good dad.

LKC said...

That's awesome. What a fun memory.

Kelli said...

Good idea! Our F&S is tonight and Dave is.... guess where.... at the Homestead with Andrew doing fences. It is below freezing there. Camping in the back yard is a great alternative! I will have to suggest it when he gets home and thaws out!

Robin Fisher said...

We are planning lots of campouts in the back yard while Mike is home for R&R. Hey, is that the tent Mike and I gave you SO many years ago? We still have our original tent. I guess it is time for an upgrade.