Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring..

There was some actual, gully washing rain last weekend. It was fantastic. My children wanted to run and play in it, it was such a novelty. Do they forget that rain is not new to them? I cannot even imagine what it will be like when they see snow again.  Hello? We used to live in a blizzard state.

 

In other exciting news, Thomas decided to use a fork this morning to eat his pancakes! What a smarty!
Here's the wind-up...

...and the pitch...

HOME RUN! That pancake is out of here!

This is all of my boys taking out the trash. I don't know why I got so emotional, but I was nearly choked up seeing all of them together. What handsomeness!

Last weekend we went downtown for one last evening with the bats. We left early enough to walk along the lake before sundown. It was a beautiful evening. What a pretty city I live in.

7 comments:

Helen said...

Thanks for sharing all those cute pictures. Did the boys sing in the rain? Is the scary raccoon still inhabiting the trash receptacle? Give all your boys a hug for us and have Kraig give you a hug for us. :-)

Kelli said...

Love all of your pictures. Don't worry about being emotional. I too sometimes cry when my boys take out the garbage. Usually because I am just so grateful they are finally taking it out...

Ashley Preston said...

I love seeing Tommy's mouth get around that piece of pancake! He's such a cutie. Annelise insists on having a utensil, but typically is holdng it in one hand and stuffing her face with the other hand. Cute rain pictures. I love that rain!

Robin Fisher said...

I love your family!

Brenny said...

You got emotional because it was so cute! Great photos. I remember running in the rain as a kid -- it was always a fun time. Loved the fork pictures.

Robin Fisher said...

BTW, did he really eat 2 HUGE pancakes?

erinka said...

I loved the picture of all the boys taking out the trash. Jacob and Allen blessed the sacrament together on Jacob's first Sunday as a Priest. I live for moments like that. Cherish your cuties! One day they'll be Deacons. just kidding. Deacons are awesome, too.