Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hey, y'all! I'm a Texan!






So we moved to Austin, Texas last week. That's why I haven't posted for a while. My life leading up to the move was a whole blur of boxes, doctor appointments for Thomas, cleaning, and crying. We also had 2 very successful yard sales, which was fantastic because we filled our 26 foot trailer up to the door. Kraig's brother Kyle flew out of Colorado to help us drive the truck. He was a lifesaver. I certainly wasn't going to drive that beast and with Kyle driving it, Kraig could drive the van and I could take care of the children.

.

. We made the trip in two days, just taking our time along the road. We made a lot of stops. Here is our 10 pm Hawaiian pizza dinner at Pizza Hut. They didn't put on any pineapple, but locked the doors before we could go in an complain.

.


Texas is a whole lot of flat and hot. Mostly what we saw was closed up farm towns. Then we got to the pretty part of the state. Hiphiphooray for the green in Eastern Texas.


.


We are getting settled. My days are still filled with boxes and trips to Target, trying to get us organized. Our new home is a three bedroom apartment. We like the complex. I will really like it when it's just a titch warmer and we can spend our day at the pool. Kraig is working 13 hours days, so we don't see him much. He is working hard and we are very grateful for his job and the opportunity to be here in Texas.


I am sending out Change of Address cards. I would love to send one to each of you, so send me your address!

8 comments:

Chadlee said...

Woohoo you made it! I am so excited for you Jacqui - new job and new place. And warm air. I wish we had that here. Good luck getting settled and post pics soon of your new area.

Ashley said...

Starting over is so hard but hopefully so exciting too. Good luck adjusting to everything new--give yourself time but make sure to keep us posted!

Trish said...

What? You moved? I hope you get settled fast! I'm sad for Brenda. I always tell Trevor that you guys have/had such a good thing going living so close to each other!

Helen said...

I have been looking every day for a post and you sneaked this one in!

Peay Family said...

Austin, that is so exciting!! It is supposed to be an incredible place to live, it has always been on our "places to look for a job" list. I hope you love it there, starting over is so much fun to, all new people and experiences! Good luck.

Kelli said...

Yea Texas! It is a much better place now that you are there. I can't wait to hear more of your adventures! So glad you are there and safe!

Christy said...

Yay! You made it! I remember doing that drive... but from Utah, through New Mexico and on over to Texas... Texas took FOREVER. On my way down I went through Amarillo. That must have been the general area you went through. I thought I'd never see green again! And isn't it crazy how the stop lights are sideways? I did love the 80mph speed limit in the desolate stretches though. :) Congrats on making it to your new home. Enjoy the Texas life, Rencher. :) Oh and one of these days, when you're settled you should take a drive down toward Houston (Or is it Dallas?... the one that's East of Austin) It's the prettiest drive I think I've even been on. Rolling green hills, lakes... amazing. You'll find Smithville on the way. (You know, where Sandra Bulluck was "Cream of Corn.")

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

I didn't even get to say goodbye! I don't know where these last couple of months have gone. We miss you here! I am jealous of all the Austiners who will get to spend time with you and your boys. We have been so lucky to have lived near you as long as we did. I am excited that you are still connected to us so we will still see you on occasion though. Until then- blog blog blog.