Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chefs Webb

Friday night Kraig and I catered a wedding dinner for the daughter of a friend in our ward. The dinner took place up in a huge cabin up in Breckenridge, CO. There was a lot of menu changes leading up to the week before the wedding, but our final menu was lasagna, chicken Marsala, bow tie Alfredo, roasted veggies, Cesaer salad, and spinach salad. We also served a few dozen of my rolls. It was a huge success even though the mothers were causing problems for the bride. The bride ended up rearranging the schedule for the evening because people were having a difficult time getting up the mountain in the snow storm. So instead of dinner at 7:30 after the ceremony, she wanted to do dinner before the ceremony at around 6:30. Thankfully we were right on top of things and pulled it off.
All in all it was a fun experience that I never want to repeat. No more brides. Ever.
On the way out of town we stopped at the winter festival in Breckenridge to check out the snow sculptures. Amazing. Who says to himself, "Hmmm...college isn't working out for me, I'm going to try snow sculpting"?

6 comments:

Robin Fisher said...

I am glad BOTH of you survived. Great pictures. Are you both wearing the jackets I did for you? Just wondering. You both look cute. Marie chanting..."Bomie, Bomie, Bomie...." She knows your page well.

Ashley Preston said...

Those sculptures are amazing!! I can't believe you catered a wedding dinner. You and Kraig are amazing! What a team! The menu sounds great. I'll fly the two of you out for my next event! Ha!

Brenny said...

Cute pictures of the two of you -- at the wedding and after the wedding. Those sculptures are impressive. I wouldn't ask that questions too loud. Let's not give Kraig any ideas about his next career change. :) It would be a cool thing to brag about, though... Glad you survived!

Please Pass the Green said...

You guys are amazing! My point in case, going back to the purse-swinging granny—you pulled off a wedding dinner and an hour earlier than planned! Granny couldn't have even done that. Glad it was a one-time adventure.

Ashley said...

Catering sounds like the most stressful thing ever! I'm very impressed and also drooling a bit at how good that sounds. Don't say no more brides--I want to be the mother of the bride fighting with my daughter someday!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

That last line made me laugh right out loud. So funny. What an experience- one I can honestly say I have no desire to ever have. Weddings generally equal stress for all parties, unfortunately. MMMmmm...your rolls though...