Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Plums, peaches, and peppers



We've processed a lot of food this fall. After our harvest at Miller Farms, we spent days processing potatoes, onions, and peppers.
I love stocking my freezer and food storage shelves with things I've bottled myself. It's pretty fulfilling.
Amongst other things I've bottled this year (jam out the wazoo and peaches), my wonderful father got some plums from a neighbor. I've never worked with plums before, so it was a surprise to see how beautiful they turned out. Thanks for sharing, Dad! Check out the before and after:

10 comments:

LKC said...

We'll have to have a girls' weekend sometime where you teach me all of your tricks. I'm amazed.

Helen said...

The plums look beautiful, Jacqui! Dad said your plum jam was great with your homemade bread the other night. Good job!

Robin Fisher said...

Beautiful! I love the updated fall background, too.
Talk to you soon.

Brenny said...

You amaze me! It is nice to have done all that food storage stuff for yourself.

I like the new background and the WONDERFUL family pictures. The boys look great! Tommy's picture is especially cute. I'm a little confused about how you arrived at Rabasco...

Trish said...

I canned some plums for the first time this year too and was seriously perplexed when I started. I couldn't figure out why all the plum jam I'd seen was red and I had yellow/blue fruit to work with. :o)

Christi said...

You're so awesome! So busy, too. :)

LOVE your family pics and mantle display.

Ashley Preston said...

You are amazing. Looks like so much work but also that it's really worth it. You're right, the plums look beautiful.

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

You are my hero. That is all I can say.

Kkelly said...

Jacqui- your family pictures are AWESOME!! You look beautiful, truly. You glean happiness and beauty.

Also- I need to learn from you! The canning and freezing all those veggies- super! I love that idea, just not sure on the process of it all and what I can freeze and how long it will last, etc. I will take lessons from you any day.

Christy said...

I wish I had room in my house to can and process food storage like you!! Everytime I go to my Grandma's farm I ask her to show me how to can something new. This year it was Tomatoes and Greenbeans. Last year: Fig jam. Maybe someday I'll live someplace with a cellar to store canned foods.
Love the gorgeous color on those plums!
Also I LOVE the new background... The Dutch winter. Gorgeous.