Monday, October 25, 2010

Things keeping me busy...

When the family came for Brenda and Darren's sealing to Stacy and Autumn, I took advantage of my sister Robin being intown and had her do our family photos. They turned out perfectly. Just exactly as I had imagined--the clothes, the kids, the colors, the background, the sunshine. Perfect.
.
So I redid the family photos and frame arrangement above the mantel. Here's the before. Remember? I just made the ottoman cover and pillows.And here's the after. It looks better in person. Shoot.
.
We also had our friends' annual Halloween party last weekend. I start thinking about costume ideas months in advance. This costume was surprisingly easy to make. Can you tell what we are? What's keeping you busy these days?

7 comments:

Christy said...

hahahahaha! That costume is hilarious! I especially love the little tootsie pop that "popped" out of the pinata! Awesome idea!!

Robin Fisher said...

Whaaa, ha, ha, ha!!! Love the costume!

So, who would have guessed that weeds could look so good. I love the display wall.

Kelli said...

Nice pinata and the tootsie pop cracked me up! On another note... Only one family photo? With such an adorable family I am left wanting more. The 1 you did post is darling.

Brenny said...

I love the family picture -- the colors turned out great. I agree with Kelli, though, you need to post more. The wall is stunning! I love how it turned out.

Ashley said...

Your costumes are always sooo brilliant! Way too clever, and I love your grin. Your family picture is gorgeous! You have your act togehter girlfriend.

Ashley Preston said...

Darling family photos and I love the pinata, kid and candy costumes! You are hilarious! I need to pick your brain next year for something Bill and I can be.

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Beautiful family pictures! I am jealous..we are past the "need" point. And, great costumes. So creative!