Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

Happy Easter! Here are a few highlights from our festivities:


On Saturday, Kraig took Andy and Josh to an Easter egg hunt at a local supermarket. Both boys came home with over 30 eggs each. Andy wouldn't have anything to do with the Easter Bunny, but Joshy went right up and hugged him. He, I'm sure, was in heaven: A life sized snuggle bunny? Could life get any sweeter?



Kraig had to work Easter morning, so after a nice breakfast, the kids and I went to church by ourselves (he got to go a few hours later). There was a lovely Easter program prepared by the choir, but my children had other ideas about sitting reverently and listening (or letting mom listen). Needless to say I was in and out a lot. It was actually pretty frustrating AND THEN 2 people had the gall to make smart remarks asking, "Jacqui, did you enjoy the program?" After fake laughing and apologizing for my noisy children I wanted to yell, "If you saw I was having a hard time, why didn't you come and help me? I'M BY MYSELF!" Stupid people.



So amid all the tension of of my disruptive children I also had to mentally prepare myself to teach the Easter lesson in Relief Society. I chose to do a silent lesson, where the class listens to songs, reads quotes, ponders, and watches video clips. I figured there wasn't anything I could teach all these ladies about the Resurrection that they don't already know. My purpose was that through the silence, the Spirit could teach them things they didn't know. I think the lesson went well. My only beef was that no one partook of the "Easter Treat" I brought to share. Maybe they thought it was decoration. Really, who brings vegetables to Relief Society?


After church and rest time, we shared Easter dinner and an egg hunt with our neighbor. It was a delightful evening.


Happy Easter! I hope that for whichever religion you practice in whatever part of the world you were able to remember that the tomb is still empty and that Jesus Christ lives.

12 comments:

Robin Fisher said...

Your Easter treats looked BEAUTIFUL--I would have eaten them. I am so SICK of sugar right now!
I missed most of the Easter program, too, but for a different reason.
I loved the pictures of the Easter Egg hunt.

Kelli said...

I totally would have eaten your centerpiece! That sounds like a great lesson. I am sorry you didn't get to enjoy your Easter program! Kids! Do they know what a pain they can be? Do they not realize HOW MUCH young moms need to be revitalized by the Spirit? Sheesh.

Brenny said...

I would have eaten your Easter treat, too, but only because I love when people bring treats to church! I'm glad the lesson went well. I love the pictures of the boys -- did you make their outfits? The one of Andy towards the bottom made me laugh. What exactly is he saying? He kind of looks like he's from Jersey.

I'm a little scared of large rabbits. Go ahead and tell Andy it is alright to avoid them...

Erika said...

I am so bummed I that I missed your lesson... what a great idea! The boys look adorable too. Thanks for your email. It was a rough weekend and I really appreciate your concern and thoughtfulness!

Nichols said...

Your boys are darling! Does that make up for your Easter loss a bit? That your children really do reflect their mother and they look heavenly! You are an awesome Mom! Earning those eternal rewards can be tough sometimes!

Stacy said...

Jackie, your boys are just darling! I wanted to ask you what that side bar on your blog is about. Do you really specialize in healthy nutrition during pregnancy? What does RD mean? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I have a big problem with not eating healthy right now during pregnancy and I need help! Can you really help me?? How do I over come cravings etc.??

Stacy said...

oh, registered dietician right? I just thought of that duh!

Christi said...

I love the matchy-matchy-too cute. We had a difficult time at church, too...(and we request the EB visit us on Saturday, so I can't even blame it on the kids being hyped on bunny stuff), we had stake conference though, two hours is soooo hard! Your lesson sounds awesome, and the treats look great...probably too good to eat. :)

Chadlee said...

The boys look adorable! I wish I could have been there for your lesson, it sounds like a great idea.

erinka said...

The boys looked great! What an accomplishment to have them all ready to go, your lesson, and yourself on time! You should feel proud of yourself. Let people say whatever they say. They're jealous because you look great in strappy sandals. I came in to RS after Primary and looked for Easter treats but I must have been too late. Your lesson sounded just the way I like Easter lessons and programs. Quiet. But, a rousing, joyful choir number is sometimes just right, too. You are a strong and capable woman. Way to go!

Ashley said...

Darling boys! I would not have appreciated those comments after Sacrament meeting, either. I don't know how you did it on your own. Church exhausts me every week even with Tyler. Your lesson sounds really good and big bunnies are freaky.

Ashley Preston said...

I love your boys matching outfits. How did you get them both to stand still, look at the camera and smile? William has not gotten that down yet. In fact, whenever I take out the camera he says, "No pictures Mommy."