Thursday, July 24, 2008

Kraigy had a little lamb...

Kraig entered his second competition today! The ACF paired with the Lamb Ranchers Association for a meeting in Keystone, Colorado. Each of the 10 chefs that entered the competition were assigned a lamb rancher as a partner to plan, prepare and present a plate of top round lamb.
Kraig's partner, Jean. Top round lamb.

Kraig was the only apprentice to enter, setting himself in competition with his chef and mentor and other Certified Executive Chefs in Colorado.

So this was his menu: Top Round Lamb steak, a vinegar based coleslaw, and mashed sweet and purple majesty potatoes with feta cheese.
His plate. He said it looked better in person :)


He didn't place this time, but brought home prizes for being the only apprentice to enter. The Lamb Ranchers were the judges and complemented Kraig on his steak saying it was one of the best they've tasted.
Well done (or rare, as the case may be), Kraig!

4 comments:

LKC said...

Way to go, Kraig. I'm sure we'll be seeing him in Iron Chef America in no time. (That is one of the best shows, btw).

Brenny said...

Great job and beautiful presentation! Way to be so brave and enter as an apprentice -- I was surprised to hear you were the only one, but proud too. I think it is great that you want to do it! So fun!

A. said...

I am always impressed by Kraig's courage and confidence. Way to go!

Robin Fisher said...

Wo Hoo, Kraig! Mike and I are very proud of you. I bet it was delicious.