Kraig and I are game people. Well, maybe I should be more specific. I'm a game person and Kraig will play games with me if I ask. We don't often come across a new game that we're dying to add to our collection; we tend to stick to the old standards. Here's a brief list of our favorite games and some of the variations we add:
- Uno.
I've been playing (and cheating) at Uno since I was Andy's age, I think. I love Uno. It is probably my favorite card game ever. Of course the original rules have long since been rewritten to what we affectionately call "Rencher Uno." It's kind of a "no holds bar" approach to an otherwise quite sedate little card game. It's fun with two people, but always more of a challenge when you throw in a few more of our family members. Except Kyle. On Sunday nights when it is just Kraig and I we do crazy things with the rules--trading hands when a 2 is played, cluck like a chicken for a skip...stuff like that. - Rummikub.
I had never played this game until my honeymoon. Somehow it ended up in our condo with us...I don't know. Anyway, this is another Webb family favorite with our new and improved rules. We play Speed Rummikub. No more long, boring turns waiting for the other player to make a move; it's an all-out, race to the last tile match. - Scrabble.
I know what you're thinking, "Wow! The Webbs sure know how to have a good time!" But it's really fun! Recently I've been on a "Speed Scrabble" kick. It's a lot more fast paced (hence the name 'speed scrabble') than the original scrabble with the board and tile holders. There's no "triple word score" or "double letter score" or any scoring for that matter (although I suppose you could score it if you wanted...), it's all about the most creative words you can come up with that are still real words. Our recent "hit words" were: Zany, visage, neuron, atomic, Jacqui (Kraig got extra points for spelling my name). We keep a dictionary close at hand and if you can find it in the dictionary, it's fair game.
- Hand and Foot. We got these rules from a friend and can never quite remember how they go, so every time we play it's something different.
We're always looking for new fun games. We've heard good things (and enjoyed playing) Buzz word,
Cranium,
Settlers of Catan...
What are your favorite games?
5 comments:
I LOVE GAMES! Dave tolerates them for my benefit. Next time you come to this state we need to have a game night! I love Cranium although Andrew has banned it from family play. I love Hoopla, Taboo, Mancala, Hilarium, Catch Phrase....
... also games like Dippity, Dippity,Dip and 3 men on a couch (ask Alli) and other games that you just need people and nothing else to play.
I love Loaded Questions...you have to have more than two people to play...and more than six makes it pretty long, but it's maintained it's spot as favorite on my list for quite some time.
Ticket to Ride is our newest fav (I like the US version best). It's a great strategy/building game, but it doesn't take 7 hours to play like Catan. You can play a round in about 30 min.
Great list! Trivial Pursuit is still one of my favorites. You know I'm a fan of Catan, but I think you have to have a good group of friends to play. Ticket to Ride is fabulous, I agree with Lindsey. I should buy it, actually...
Post a Comment