Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Lesson from Conference

Andy, Joshua and I got to listen to General Conference last weekend over the Internet. It was wonderful to hear our new Prophet teach and testify. While the talks were inspiring and the spirit so strong, I have to admit that my favorite thing about conference was listening to Andrew. I never would have thought that he would pick up a whole lot from conference, but every time the speaker said a word he recognized, he'd shout it out. Here were a few of my favorites:
  • Resurrection!
  • Jesus Christ!
  • Church!
  • Prophet!
  • Sacrament!
  • Flashlight!
  • Prayer!
  • Amen!
  • Doors!
  • Dinner!

I'm glad my little boy listens. He's so smart! He can play with toys and glean knowledge from talks all at the same time.

Also, during the afternoon session on Saturday, I made 10 batches of cookie dough for a fund raiser for Girl's camp. Josh helped me. I measured, mixed, and poured. He got the cooling racks ready (I didn't tell him I wasn't baking the cookies).

4 comments:

Brenny said...

Hooray for General Conference and smart sweet blonde boys! The cookie project looked amazing...

Kelli said...

Conference is great! Kids are fun! Cookies are yummy (especially uncooked)! You are amazing.

LKC said...

Is the chair on its side you version of a baby gate? Love it. I used cookie sheets and duck tape to keep Owen out of places. Ghetto, I know.

Jacqui said...

Cookie sheets! That's a riot! You're a genius!