Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tree Shopping


We went out as a family on Tuesday to buy our Christmas tree. Andy was a big helper carrying the tree out to the car.


Last year we bought a tree at Kings, the local discount store in Heber. We paid $20, I think, and the poor tree was dead and dropping needles before we brought it in the house. Half the needles fell off when we were carrying it in the house, half when we had to move the tree to the kitchen because our landlords decided to put new carpet in during the holiday, and then half again before we took the tree out to the curb after New Years day. After that, every time I ran my vacuum I could smell the 'pineyness' from all the needles I had vacuumed up. Sad. Sad.
This year we sprung for the pricey tree of $30 from Home Depot. I didn't even know there were trees for sale there until reading it on Ashley's blog, but we were pleasantly surprised at how fresh the trees were. Now my home smells like pine all the time, not just when I run the vacuum.

5 comments:

Brenny said...

I will have to check out Home Depot. We've been at a loss as to where to find a tree. I miss the days of driving up to the national forest outside of Laramie to cut down our own... Sometime we will start that tradition again.

Do you remember going to cut Christmas trees? Remember that time Lynn threw up wassil on the way home?

Jacqui said...

That's really the only tree cutting memory that I remember. I think we stopped cutting our own after that.

Brenny said...

I think so, too. Funny that we both remembered that. Poor Lynn.

How yummy to keep smelling pine when you vacuum. That is better than some of the things I smelled coming from our vacuum, like burning rubber; though, we buy crappy vacuums so what can you expect...

Ashley said...

Yay! Glad HD worked out for you. I love how they have the station to shave off branches for you and then put it in that big net. Very convenient!

Jacqui said...

The netting contraption was so cool. We were way impressed.