Friday, July 27, 2007

My Friday Five

Brenda always does a 'Friday Five' and I'm always jealous of the fun things she's excited about on a Friday, so I thought I'd do it too. Remember, Brenny, that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

Ok, here we go:

1. Kraig had two days off in the middle of the week, so it doesn't feel like a Friday, it feels like a Tuesday. The reason that's great is because it actually IS Friday and the weekend's here!

2. Friday usually means date night, but there's a Russon Reunion tonight so date night will be shared with my two kids, some brothers and sisters and a whole bunch of cousins whose names I have a hard time remembering. But the food will be free :)

3. Joshua is three weeks old today. Don't most babies start sleeping through the night at three weeks? Ok, Ok, I know there's no chance of that, but I can see in these three weeks that my little boy is getting bigger.

4. I'm about 150 pages from the end of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I picked my copy at the midnight book release party at the Wasatch County Library Saturday morning. That means that it's taken me a week to finish the book. Considering I'm a speed reader and can usually pound out three or four books in a week, the fact that I'm savoring Harry Potter--since it is the last one and when it's done it's really DONE--is amazing.

5. My kids are both napping and it's only 11:30 am. That means that I need to be sleeping too. I'm glad it's Friday so that Kraig will be around over the weekend to help me out. I'm so happy I have such a wonderful husband who rocks our baby to sleep at night, and changes his dirty diapers when I'm too tired in the morning, and wrestles with our toddler and makes him laugh harder than I can. It's Friday and I love Kraig!

2 comments:

Brenny said...

HOORAY for Friday Five! I love it and I love the picture of Joshua. I hope you have a fun time this weekend at the reunion.

Um, so remember when I gave you a list of books? You always comment on how many books you read in a week. I think you need to either post the books you are reading OR send me a list of the books you've liked/ read recently. Seriously, I need ideas here too.

Give my Love to the boys!

Jacqui said...

Ya, I do remember that list of books. I read 'In her shoes' and 'Goodnight, Nobody'. 'Shoes' was really racey for the first section and the language was not so great, but the last section made it all worth it--it's a good story about sisters (with really messed up lives...)

'Goodnight' was good too, it was a mystery and I AM my mother's daughter--I love a good mystery. Still had a little raceyness.

Other than those, and besides HP#7, the last book I've been reading is 'Joseph Smith's Kirtland' about Joseph's time in Kirtland (duh!). A little slow. I'm pretty sure you WON't find that on in your library. You list changes so frequently, I can hardly keep up!