Virtually from the minute we found out that we were expecting baby #2 I've had visions of my children sharing a bedroom, playing together, and being best friends, especially since they're so close in age. I realize that the playing together and best friends part will hopefully come later, but Monday night, the evening after we'd brought Joshua home from the hospital, we decided to get the boys started on sharing a room. 

The first night wasn't too bad--we expected one or the other to make too much noise in his sleep and to wake the other up. Phew. We got that out of the way. The next night will be better. WRONG! Night #2 was worse with Andrew screaming for 30 minutes. I don't know if Josh woke Andy or the other way around, but we had two crying babies at the same time. Thankfully I didn't even have to ask Kraig to deal with it while I fed Josh--he just stepped up and calmed Andy down. By the time I was back in bed (and Josh sleeping sweetly in his bouncer on the floor of our room), Kraig and I made an executive decision that the boys were NOT going to be sharing a room for a while :) It's really better that way. Friendship will hopefully come later, but well rested Mama and Daddy has to happen right now.
3 comments:
Such a sweet picture. I just love those terry cloth jammies -- they are so snuggly! Yes, you do need your sanity. If you wait to put them together, they won't know any different in a couple of years, right?
You know, I generally think Andy looks more like Kraig, but in this picture I can see more of you. I remember seeing pictures of you when you were that little, with your white blonde hair and cute nose. Andy totally looks like you! I wonder if mom will look at this picture and it will make her think of her baby, too. :)
Oh man, good luck!
Post a Comment