So, ya, it is hard to find new shoes that fit and are not ugly AND don't cost an arm and leg.
I have been wearing a two-year-old pair of running shoes to run and work out. I could blame my knee pain on getting old, but I prefer to blame it on my old shoes. Yes, i should have gotten a new pair miles ago. They say the life of a shoe is around 100miles. It was just time to bite the bullet and buy new shoes.
Anyway, I stopped by kohl's this morning to spend my $10 kohl's cash. I walked through the shoe department on my way to Men's ( to buy a shirt for Kraig) to see if there were any killer sales on Asics.
Oh, did I mention I only run in Asics?
No terrific sales, but I did happen to notice that they only had a handful of size 11s. I pulled a pair off the shelf and opened the box. It was a pair of orange running shoes. Of course i loved them, but there wasn't a display shoe out to tell me the sale price. The price check kiosk didn't work either, so I took the shoes and box to the register.
Hello? The shoes were $14.99. So with my $10 kohl's cash, I paid FIVE BUCKS for a brand new pair of $75 running shoes. And they are orange! Ha!
5 comments:
Awesome! And they are ORANGE! You are a lucky girl.
Nice! I love a good bargain.
Very well done!! I have a pink pair that might be similar. (they are in my closet and I'm not going to get off the couch to check). Anyway, I haven't seen your blog in forever and you've been doing so well with updates. Way to go friend!
Lucky girl. Sometimes I have to shop for running shoes in the Men's department... That is where I thought you were headed with this story, but cut orange shoes is way better.
Great shoes! Great bargain hunting, Jacqui! I think they are cool. :-)
Post a Comment