Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Orange is the new appliance

I had a friend stop by this evening and ask me what my favorite color was. Hello? My kitchen is bathed in orange from the dishes to the tablecloth. And now to the blender.  Ooo! It makes me so happy. We needed a new blender so that I could make Brenda's green smoothies, and this orange one just happened to be on sale yesterday. And the best part was that it was only a $14 commitment. The blender will probably last as long as the novelty of having an orange appliance. We can then part ways amicably and I can go back to my pewter color themed appliances.
My Sweet made me some delicious Orange Julius for the first blender grind.

In other news, Thomas has been working very hard at walking. He took his first few un-assisted steps last week and was a ROCK STAR today during therapy, really showing off his new moves to his therapist. Here's just a little taste. Before I know it, this boy will be running from room to room stirring up mischief.

 

Watch the video a few times. Listen closely to what Andrew is telling Joshua in the background. It is in reference to this mask he brought home today from his theater arts class. I might have nightmares. What are they teaching him?

So scary. He colored and cut it himself.

4 comments:

blaine and michelle said...

Go Tommy! That's awesome. Evie may walk one of these days too...maybe.

Erika said...

What is he saying, I can't make it out?

Tommy is getting so big...tell him Miss Erika says stop it! I hate missing it!

I love that orange is your favorite color. Your signature color!

Robin Fisher said...

HEY! I posted a comment a few days ago... WHERE did it go? Did you delete it?
Totally awesome that Tommy is walking . And I LOVE Andy's mask

Brenny said...

The mask is scary! But HOORAY for the walking boy! The orange blender is just as I pictured it -- perfect for your kitchen. Love you!