What were the guesses/bets that I would be overly emotional as I sent Andrew on the school bus for the very first time or as I dropped Joshua off at his classroom? Well, you were all wrong. I didn't shed a single tear, I didn't have any anxiety (thanks, Kraig, for praying for me), and I joyfully walked away with Tootsies in my arms, doing a little skippity jig! Who knew I'd be Yahooing and not BooHooing? It is really news to me!
Here are some darling pictures of my darlings on their first day of school.
Joshy will ride the bus tomorrow with Andrew, but wanted me to drive him for his first day today. What brave little boys!
I cannot believe how big they look. But I can believe that I didn't ever get a normal smile out of Joshua.
That kid is a hoot. (I can say that because I won't see him again for another 90 minutes).
Joshy will ride the bus tomorrow with Andrew, but wanted me to drive him for his first day today. What brave little boys!
I cannot believe how big they look. But I can believe that I didn't ever get a normal smile out of Joshua.
That kid is a hoot. (I can say that because I won't see him again for another 90 minutes).
In preparation for my children's first day of school, I wanted to be as prepared as possible. I mean, the bus comes at 7:07, so there is no time for dillydallying around, wondering where backpacks are, or what to wear. Saturday when I was putting clean laundry away, I had the boys pick out their clothing for the entire week. Then I arranged it in this shoe organizer by day of the week.
Please ignore the messy clothing bins on either side. I am not responsible for putting their clean clothes away. That is their job. Anyway, I also felt like a good, homemaking mother because I sewing a label onto Andy's "rest towel."
Next I will sew labels onto each pair of his underwear :) What lucky boys!
Please ignore the messy clothing bins on either side. I am not responsible for putting their clean clothes away. That is their job. Anyway, I also felt like a good, homemaking mother because I sewing a label onto Andy's "rest towel."
Next I will sew labels onto each pair of his underwear :) What lucky boys!
4 comments:
They look so big! That picture was so darling. Does Joshua go every day also? I did not think you would be emotional. :-)
I knew you would be a YAHOO mommy. :)
That is so awesome!!!! And you are SO on the ball and organized. That is a great idea with the clothes for the week. BRILLIANT! Miss you.
What is a rest towel? For naps? Can you sew my name into my underwear too?
I didn't cry at kindergarten either! I balled at Kindie graduation though!
What's this brunch you are having?
Post a Comment