I plugged in my lovely Bernina and tried to power it up, only to realize that it wouldn't turn on. Dropping it off at the Bernina repair shop was like losing a member of my family.
But alas, I borrowed a machine from a friend and was able to do a little project. Here is a 3/4 sleeved shirt that I bought right before I moved to Austin. Not only does it have long sleeves, but it was so low cut that I had to wear it with a tank top. Why? I don't know. It was functional in Denver. Two layers? No problem! Anyway, I decided if I was ever going to wear it again, I needed to change it. I am not good at the stepbystep instructions like some instructional bloggers, but here's my beginning, middle and end results. I am please with my efforts and will now be able to wear this shirt that was once too hot and too low cut.
Before:

Middle: I measured the sleeve length from a s/s shirt I like. It's what I was told to do on a blog.

Middle: Toots stopped to help a little :)

End: Not bad for a first try. I will actually be able to put this shirt back into my rotation of clothes. 

3 comments:
Cute, Jacqui! You know how much I love that color on you.
Awesome! How did you do that little ruffle at the top. It looks like it was made that way. Good call on making it short sleeve and no need to wear a tank under it. It is TOO hot!
So cute! I love the ruffle, too. how did you do that?
Post a Comment