Robin and I put 5 of the 6 kids to bed (the 9 year old got to stay up) and I picked up our babysitter (a 13 year old who liked the same TV show as the 9 year old?) and we headed to an upscale steakhouse where I felt sorely out of place in my jeans. Certainly it should be posted on the restaurant website that the dress code is urban yuppie evening casual (no piece of clothing costing less than $50). Sorry bucky, I got my jean shorts at Sam's Club for $15.
The hostess placed us in a far corner of the deck so as to "be as far away from the live bad as possible," but really it was because of my lack of expensive jewelry, I'm sure. 

Regardless, we had a delightful evening with a few new friends and watched the beautiful red glowing sun set over lake Travis and the surrounding hills.
Oh, and I got out of the house without any children and only Robin, which was a first. We could have gone to Dairy Queen and it would have been the best evening ever.
2 comments:
Look at my cute sisters! Sounds like a great night. No kids... I'm there!
Loved the food and meeting your really cool friends!
Post a Comment