Monday, June 27, 2011

But the light keeps shining



You would think from my blog posts that there is only one child in this house. In actuality, there are three children, all vying for attention from their mama 24 hours a day. Fortunately, two of these troublemakers can take care of themselves 75% of the time.


I am constantly asking Andy and Josh: "How many kids are in this home?"

"Three."

"And how many mommys are there?"

"One."

"How many little boys can solve their own problems?"

"Me and Josh."

"Right. Good luck!"

.

It used to be really nice to go swimming here in Austin, Texas. Now the pool is as warm as bathwater and not refreshing at all. Ahh, those were the days of hours by the pool.

.

Wow, my kitchen looks atrocious at this angle. I think I was trying to be all artsy with my photography, which is not my talent. Well, anyway, Andy will often get it in his head to "make his best recipe." Sometimes it's a tortilla with ketchup, other times it's a cheese sandwich. This day it was a carrot peeled to oblivion. Josh joined it. I love seeing these two united in good causes. Usually they unite to wreck the front room.

.

Oh how I miss sweet Olathe corn from King Soopers. Sniff, sniff. But the stuff here will have to do for a while. These kiddos eat corn like it's going out of style. They get that from their grandpa.

.

And this last insert is strictly me bragging. I had a little brunch last week and made some delicious pull-aparts. The recipe called for canned biscuits (gasp!), but I substituted my Thanksgiving roll dough. I mean, really? Could I go wrong with that dough? Never! It was a hit with the brunch ladies.

3 comments:

Robin Fisher said...

totally need the recipe.

Helen said...

I just want you to make the pull-aparts for me, Jacqui! :-) Makes my mouth water to look at them. Thanks for the blogs. For some reason I cannot listen to the video clips at work but my imagination works quite well. Give those little boys hugs for us.

Erika said...

I don't want the recipe, I want you to fly your skinny butt here and make them for me while we watch bonnet movies all day. How cruel to post anything relating to your rolls or dough!