I have hit an all-time low. I actually shaved my legs in the car on the way to church yesterday we were running so far behind. Church starts at 1pm and we haven't been on time once.
.
.
.
In other news, Allison came to visit for a week. It was wonderful. She had two purposes of coming (that I made up in my own mind). These were to eat gallons of ice cream (check!) and to watch at least an entire season of Psych (check! check!). 

.
We also squeezed a hike to Austin's "Mountain" (it's only about 800 ft above sea level), a trip to the Texas State History Museum, Imax, and Capitol Building. Alli absorbed so much information, she was teaching me about Texas.

.

We also took a little trip down to Blanco, Texas, where our grandfather was born and where our great grandmother "married that Mormon and left. How did that happen anyway?" There are pretty strong Church of Christ roots still there in our second cousins once removed.
We had a delightful visit, nonetheless, and I will probably go back in June for the Lavender Fest because apparently my cousins farm lavender. Who knew?
We had a delightful visit, nonetheless, and I will probably go back in June for the Lavender Fest because apparently my cousins farm lavender. Who knew?
.
And if you are interested, Deana has a few things to say.
4 comments:
I hope you were not driving when you shaved your legs on the way to church. :-) Keep the pictures coming! PS - Both you and Alli look great as queens of the hill.
Loved the pictures. Are you going to do an El Paso post, or will it hurt too much. ;)
Lavender fest in June. Maybe we can make it down for that.
So glad you gave Alli a place to crash. From all reports she still loves you so it must have been a good trip! PS Thanks for introducing her to Psych.
Fun visit! The lavender festival sounds fabulous. I laughed hard about shaving the legs, the ice cream, and watching Psych. love it!
Post a Comment