Monday, September 6, 2010

They say 30 is the new 20

Today's my birthday. I started the day with a 3 mile (*cough* walk) run just to prove to myself that I've still got it at 30 years old.

I knew this day was coming, and since I've teased my siblings mercilessly about each of them turning 30 (or 40, as the case may be), I knew the retribution would be bad. Thankfully, I was wrong. Brenny's written a lovely birthday post for those of you who want to know a little bit more about me :)

Now I'm going out to celebrate some more. I'll write details tomorrow.

10 comments:

Christy said...

Yay!!! Happy Birthday Rencher!!
Thirty is fabulous, welcome to the ranks. My motto for the year: Thirty, Flirty and Thriving.
:)

Christi said...

Happy Birthday! 30 is totally the new 20!!!!

LKC said...

Happy Birthday! I Heart You! xo

Brenny said...

Happy Birthday!! I can't wait to hear the details, especially since you screened my call last night.

Kkelly said...

Happy Birthday Jacqui. :) The post Brenda wrote about you was fun for me to read, and fun to see the bond between sisters. Sisters rock!

Robin Fisher said...

So glad you were born, sis.

Trish said...

We got the plans from here: http://ana-white.com/2010/08/still-not-locker.html
and just adapted them to add a fourth locker. I think each of our lockers is an inch smaller than her plans, but it fits in the space we had perfectly. With hardware and everything, I know we spent less than $100. I think the wood was around $80. Anyway, I'm very inspried by her site and we have plans to build beds and an entertainment center next...or maybe some picnic tables. Can you tell I like her site? :o)

Jon and Diana said...

I laughed so hard reading brenny's post about you. Love it. You are great! I hope you had a fabulous birthday!

Nichols said...

Happy Happy birthday! I loved your sister's post! What a life you've led! Here's to 60 more!!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Oh...Happy Birthday (late birthday, but still). I am so glad that you got some family time in- Mt. Rushmore sounds fun and the Uno playing nights- divine. Daddy time is such a gem. Enjoy your thirties, you have a darling little family to do so with. And I sure think you are wonderful.