Thursday, August 19, 2010

A whole lot of wonderfullness

We are officially unemployed. Kraig's last day of work at Classic Residence by Hyatt was yesterday. In two weeks he'll start his new job as sous chef at Medical Center of Aurora. I'm so proud of him. He really gave 110% at Classic, even though we knew the job wasn't going anywhere. He left after giving his two weeks and working just as hard those two weeks as he has the last two years. So, we're starting a new chapter in the Webb family book. But before all of that, I have some catching up to do...


As much as I wanted to buy that cute loft fort bed, we decided to just buy a used crib mattress for Tommy's crib until we could get the exact beds we wanted for Andy and Joshy. I sent Kraig out yard saling one Friday morning with the assignment to find a pristine crib mattress for less than $15. He called after a few stops to tell me he'd found a pristine twin trundle bed, with mattress included. So, the decision was made for us--we bought a second twin bed for Andy and Joshy's room. Joshua loves his new bed. Unfortunately the new arrangement of beds and toy box threw the kids for a loop the first couple of nights. Andy had a hard time finding the bedroom door and almost didn't make it to the bathroom in time. But I'm happy to report that he did not pee in the closet. That would have been a whole other post.

Therefore, Thomas got a "new" bed too. He loves it. I find him on a different end each morning when I go in to get him. So much room to move around, he's in heaven.



Across the street from our home is a huge bouncy ball-eating storm drain. I can't even count the footballs, tennis balls and wiffle balls that have been eaten by the drain. Last week Andy was playing with his favorite blue kickball and lost it down the storm drain. Bless my son (he is his father's child), he decided to go in after it. First his head got stuck. "Dad, I can't go any further. My head's stuck." Great. This was right around the time a neighbor drove by asking if he should call the fire department. Uh, no. thank you. We've got this under control.


He did retrieve the ball, but then couldn't climb out because he couldn't get a foot hold on anything. Kraig had to drag him out.


Scary. Since he crawled down there, I keep having horrible flash backs to It, by Stephen King. Remember the clown in the storm drain? I had to make the picture small so that I wouldn't be as scared. Shudder, shudder. Brenda, why did mom and dad let us watch that horrible movie?


We've discovered how much fun it is to play Twister with the kids. And p.s. Twister is a really good work out, especially when you have a 3 year old calling the moves, "Mom, which hand is this?" "That's the left hand, Joshy" "Ok, left hand....um....Blue!" "No, Joshy, that's green." "Oh. Ok. Left hand green!" Ahh! Ohmygosh! Just tell me where to go! Good family time.

I came back from my run one morning to find this sweetness. Yes, Tom, that's mommy's favorite spot to fall asleep too.

And last, but certainly not least, Tommy reached a HUGE milestone this week--He sat independently! (That's Ms. Lisa, Tommy's pediatric physical therapist, in the background. She comes to our house every week to work with Thomas). We all cheered and applauded. He's done it multiple times since. He's a rock star, for sure!

Thanks for sticking around long enough to hear about our doings.

9 comments:

Kelli said...

Ok that last picture could not be any cuter! So glad you got the bed situation resolved. I also have to say that the storm drain thing freaked me out. Sounds like a problem all of my over 100 percentile head size boys would get into!

Brenny said...

Yay! for Tommy! I love that last picture, too. He looks like he is concentrating so much.

And thanks for making the 'IT' picture so small. Unfortunately it was not small enough and I'm now sitting at my computer freaked out. I have no idea why mom and dad let us watch that movie. Maybe they didn't know we what we were watching? Man, I hate clowns.

Helen said...

I am sure that was a movie you watched without our permission. :-) I do not even recall having heard of "It." I have to figure out how to print that picture of Tommy. He is not the only one not shown in any of the pictures at my office--I need to print blog pictures of Stacy and Autumn, also.

Christi said...

Great sitting picture! So cute! Exciting times at your place. That storm drain thing really freaks me out...the clown AND the fact that your son can (and will) climb down there. Yikes!

Nichols said...

Yippee for Thomas--what a CUTE boy!! I'm glad to hear of the bed update--we're moving to bunks beds too. We have about 10 days in the new arrangement--Mandy's only fallen out about 3 times and nights are getting easy (now that it's dark by a decent hour) but it's hard to stay in bed for a decent nap! Oh, the price we pay by dinner time! :)

Robin Fisher said...

great photos of everyone. I am pretty sure that mom had NO IDEA we were watching such a scary movie. Mike still teases me every chance he gets about clowns.

Jon and Diana said...

Twister sounds hilarious, I think I'm going to have to try that one. And I love the last picture. He is such a sweetie.

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Yay for the new beds! We still haven't completed that task and Gavin sleeps on a mattress on the floor. Oh well. It is so fun to see little babies all over their cribs! Congrats Kraig on the new job and yay for you all! Enjoy your fun trip- I am beyond envious. Oh- and the storm drain thing made me laugh for like 10 minutes.

Ashley said...

Tommy is too cute! He looks like a little doll just sitting there. That storm drain thing would totally freak me out! And I'll have to get Twister--sounds like it might be more bearable than chutes and ladders.

Good luck to Kraig in the new job!