Sunday, May 16, 2010

Melt a Mama's heart

Thomas at 2 1/2 months old. I love my smiley guy, and I know he loves me too!

We met with the early childhood specialists this week for their evaluation on Thomas. It went really well and both Kraig and I felt really good about these 3 women and how they'll be able to help Thomas as he grows and develops. We both felt that the specialists were concerned for him and eager to see him progress as he gets older. The neatest thing about the visit was that after they were done doing the evaluation one of the specialist said, "Well, if Thomas didn't have the diagnosis of Trisomy 21 we wouldn't be able to recommend him for therapy because he's perfect!" I swear my heart was singing. What an answer to prayers that our Thomas is just as healthy as can be.

24 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh my stars! That was adorable. I love the big grins. Alli told me she had a nice talk with you this week. I am so glad that Thomas is doing so great! Have a great week you cute little Mom.

LKC said...

He is adorable! I just want to squeeze him up.

Ashley said...

Yep--ADORABLE! And so fun to hear your voice. That is great news that he has good specialists and that he is so healthy and perfect!

blaine and michelle said...

Holy cow that's pretty much the cutest thing ever. What a sweetie.

Brenny said...

Happy smiles! Lucky mama to get such smiles.

Robin Fisher said...

What a cutie!

Christy said...

Awwwww!! Sooooo cute! You're one of five people I know who had babies all within one week of eachother and they're all smiles and coos right now and my heart is pretty much mush all of the time!!! Love it! And what fantastic news from the specialists!
:)

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

That is such great news! And those smiles...they just melt my heart. What a cutie!

Baby's got blue eyes said...

I can't stand it! You guys are tooooo far away. Just want to scoop him up with a spoon Jacqui- so darling! Love you guys!

A. said...

Super cute! Thanks for warning me so I could jump on and see it.

Helen said...

I just have to get the my speakers working at my office! I love watching the video and I want to hear it too!

Jon and Diana said...

Oh my gosh he is so cute. It's almost as though he is playing with you and making you wait for that smile so that you will love it even more.

Bryce and Karlene said...

OK that is one of the cutest things I have seen. He is getting so big and is so dang cute/handsome. Sure thankful to have him in our family! We love all of you!

Haley and Mitch said...

Oh he is DARLING!!!

Brenny said...

I've now watched the video at least 10 times today. Yes, 10 times just today. Man that makes me happy. He has the best face at the end! Sure love that little guy AND my great sister who is cooing and gooing over her beautiful boy.

SnellieFam said...

He couldn't be more precious! Thanks for sharing him with us today!

Kkelly said...

Jacqui he is ADORABLE!!! And my word, you can just hear the love you have for him ooze out of your voice. What wonderful news from his specialists. :) :) :)

Webb Crew said...

That is too adorable and precious. Way to capture such a great moment. We are sure happy for you guys and love that little Thomas as well.

Christi said...

SO CUTE! I am of the opinion that Heavenly Father planned child development so that just when you are so exhausted and start thinking 'it's time to send this kid back', they start smiling and being super cute. Then you can commit to keeping them forever. But, maybe that's just me...
Glad you've got a cute, healthy, smiley little guy. And, lots of people to love and support him (and you) as he grows up!

Ashley Preston said...

I love this video!! What a cute little guy.

Russon said...

It's so good to hear he's doing well!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Just watched it again. LOVE IT!

Peay Family said...

What a smiler. That is awesome!

Please Pass the Green said...

He is the sweetest, happiest little guy! And I adore you're mommy voice. Lots of love going on there. I love you both! And such great news from the specialists report.