Sunday, March 28, 2010

Some days are diamonds

Well, life pushes on.
Kraig's been working morning shifts this week. That means he's gone by 7:20am (like most husbands) and home by 5:00pm instead of the noon to 9pm shift. I appreciate him being home in the evening so that he can help wrangle the children into bed. They appreciate not having mommy do everything too.




.

Joshy's potty training. I was convinced that Josh would never be potty trained because I was too tired before Thomas arrived and just plain exhausted after Thomas got here to put forth the effort. But this precocious little boy proved me wrong again. One morning last week I was too tired (and lazy) to go down stairs to get a clean diaper for him, so I let him put on a pair of big boy under ware that was in my room and the kid stayed dry all day! He even took himself to the potty numerous times. Granted, every day since then hasn't been as successful, but I'd say he's got an 85% success rate. Not too shabby.

.**Josh took himself outside after using the potty and "forgot" to put his underware and pants back on, but thankfully remembered his boots. What a nugget!

Thomas is getting bigger and bigger every day, it seems. He's more alert and awake than he was 3 weeks ago, and we are all loving it. He makes the funniest faces and I swear all of his smiles aren't gas related (although he is a Webb boy, so they quite possibly could be;). Of course I can never catch these heart melting smiles on camera, but trust me: They're great!

.

Kraig was off work today so we were able to go to church as a family. I was nervous about taking Thomas, but thankfully people admired from a distance. It felt nice to have a reason to shave my legs, put on a skirt and blouse instead of a t-shirt and jeans, and "fill by bucket," so to speak.

15 comments:

SnellieFam said...

Ok, so you going to church so soon is really gonna make me look bad! You, however, look great! Can't wait to hang out with our new little men!

Kelli said...

There is a horrible correlation between a new mom having energy and time to blog and me wanting to hear and see about their lives! You are fulfilling a great need! thanks for the adorable pictures! I am amazed that you have already headed to church. Brave Mom.

Brenny said...

Look at Joshies little toosh. Wait, why is he on the deck in just boots and a shirt?

I'm glad things are getting into more of a schedule. How nice that you got to go to church -- you look lovely, by the way.

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Oh..I didn't even see you at church. Possibly because we were late and such. I am glad you got to get out. It is a good feeling. Your boys are darling and I am happy to hear that all is well.

Ashley said...

You look great, and that first pic of the 4 guys together is adorable! I can't believe Josh is potty training. Charlie JUST did it last week. He's almost 3 and a half! But I never had the will to fight him on it so I just waited and finally he did it. How nice it will be to only have one in diapers!

Trish said...

Gotta love those kids that potty train themselves! :o) I know what you mean about having an extra pair of hands for the bedtime routine. I'm grateful every day that Trevor is generally home by 5.

Christy said...

Jacqui you look fantastic! You're such a gorgeous Mom. Those cute boys in your life are such blessings. It sounds like things are normalizing for you. Thanks for sharing the cuteness in your life with all of us!

Robin Fisher said...

Cute pictures :) Wasn't Joshy cold?

Chadlee said...

I'm glad you came to church, it was fun to see you again. Happy Easter and safe travels to you guys!

Aly said...

Sad I did not get to see you in church... but glad that i will get to see you next time! Josh is so funny in the picture of him outside!

Amber said...

okay - that picture of Kraig and the boys is too precious. And bum pic out in the snow made me laugh - so hilarious. You have such an adorable family! You look amazing as well - one of these days I need to talk to you seriously about how to lose weight!!! :)

Jon and Diana said...

Oh my..I love that little bum picture. My own little Joshua parades his bum around when he forgets.. ehem, refuses to put his underwear on after using the potty. He needs a new pair everytime anyway..what a kid. You look great in your picture with Tommy on the way to church. How nice to be able to go as a family.

Haley and Mitch said...

Oh your boys are so darling! You are a fabulous mother, Jaqui!

erinka said...

Just wait, Thomas will be the earliest one to read. :) He was really paying attention to the book! What a great picture. Glad Josh knows what's really important when you're going outside. :) I'm still laughing!

Please Pass the Green said...

So sweet! All of it. The pic of Kraig and the boys and the pic of you and little Thomas. Oh and how could I forget the little Joshy bum pic. Ha ha! Hilarious. If kids didn't entertain us we'd be strangling them twice as often.:) So glad you got to go to church together.

PS: Jacqui, you rock.