Friday, February 12, 2010

Give a Day, Get a Day

The Webbs are headed to California in June for a family vacation. To help cut expenses, Kraig and I participated in Disney's new "Give a Day, Get a Day" program. Basically, as Miss Piggy explains on the commercial, you give a day of service to an associated charity and you get a free day pass to Disneyland. Count us in! We are all about free!
.
The charity Kraig and I chose to support was Project Linus--they take donated homemade blankets to hospitals and shelters. Kraig and I each had to make 2 blankets. In my preparation for the baby's arrival, I had already sorted all my fabric, so I just found a piece big enough for 4 blanket tops, found scraps to coordinate 4 backs, and bought $11 worth of batting to go between them. Not bad, considering we'll save over $140 on our tickets to Disney.
.
Kraig sewed his blankets himself. I just gave a few pointers. I wish this photo showed him sticking out his tongue--he does that when he concentrates :) So cute.
.
I know I've raved in a previous post about my Kitchenaid mixer, but let me say a few kind words about my Bernina sewing machine. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! Just like with my Kitchenaid, it was a little pricey, but worth every penny. I've loved and appreciated my machine from the moment we bought it 4 years ago, but I love to let Kraig use my machine and listen to him rave about it too. He never fails to call it the "Cadillac of sewing machines." It makes my heart happy.

8 comments:

Jon and Diana said...

I notice a green bumbo in the background.. is that new? If it is, you'll love it. If you had it for Josh, then you already love it. Also, thanks for letting me know about that Give a day thing. I think we are going to do it for our trip in December. I'd better get moving!

Ashley said...

Cute to see Kraig sewing. I love that Disney is doing this--what a great idea. And a total deal! I now want a bernina sewing machine, and the time and energy to use it.

Bryce and Karlene said...

Wish we had ours done as fast as you.Do you think you can do 6 more for our family!jk We are way excited to all be together for this trip. I love all the flowers. That is something I could have in all rooms of my house. They always make me smile that someone was thinking of me. We hope this week goes good and even a better one next week.Keep us posted on the new. We can hardley wait!!!

Christy said...

Haha, I will never argue with you about your sewing machine being the best (because I don't sew!) but your kitchen aid vs/ my bosch or Cuisinart is a whole different matter.

What a great thing for Disney to do. I'm glad you'll be able to help out and go on a fun family trip!

Peay Family said...

Okay, all of your pictures in this post are head shots and you don't even look pregnant? How do you do that. When I am pregnant I look it from the top of my head to the tips of my toes.

I hope everything goes well with the baby and the delivery we will be praying for you both!!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

I covet your sewing machine! With my meager sewing skills, I can hardly justify the purchase, but I can still appreciate the true "cadillac of sewing machines." And how fun- Disneyland! Love love love it.

Erika said...

I am really impressed by Kraig's sewing abilities!

You guys rock!

Ashley Preston said...

Coming to CA? I'd love to meet up with you guys! Let me know if it's possible!! I'm dying to see you!