Friday, February 12, 2010

Lighting up the darkness

I've been very spoiled the last few weeks. I've felt an outpouring of love from my husband, my family, and my friends--all for which I'm extremely grateful. And, lucky me, all of it has involved beautiful flowers to brighten my home.
.
First, Kraig and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. It was Kraig's year to plan the celebration and he really outdid himself. We had dinner at two fantastic restaurants, stayed the night in a ritzy hotel sans children (Thanks, Mom and Scotty for helping us with childcare), and basically just spent two days being together remembering why we love each other so much. He also had this beautiful flower arrangement delivered to our table the night of our anniversary. It was a wonderful surprise. Our anniversary is January 28th and today, February 12, the flowers are still in bloom and beautiful!
.
Second, my wonderful girlfriends threw me a surprise baby shower. The theme was "Jacqui's about to Pop!" and everything--from the invites, to the food, to the games and decorations--revolved around things popping. It was fantastic. I felt spoiled and loved. I have the best friends in the world.
.
Third, one of my friends gave me a little spot of peace for my home. Since our home is small and I don't have a place to dedicate to my meditation and study, I placed this beautiful vase and flowers where I can see them from my bed (where I'm spending a lot of time these days). It warms my heart each time I look at them. I remember that even though the winter is dark, spring is just around the corner. I feel the peace she intended with the gift and truly feel loved.
.
I'm a lucky girl.

8 comments:

Brenny said...

cute picture of you and Kraig and the flowers are gorgeous. I love your sentiments about winter and spring. And you do have wonderful friends. Sure love you!

Jon and Diana said...

I'm so happy to see all of those flowers. Fresh flowers in a home make it a better place.. more calm, more happy, more..springy! I'm glad you got 2 days with Kraig! That is a great present!

Ashley said...

What a great post of nice things! I love celebrating anniversaries--it is so fun and sweet. Sounds like you guys got to live it up well! And I hear you on the flowers and promise of spring--we are finally getting some sunny days around here and it is SOOOOO good for the soul!

Helen said...

You are a lucky girl and you are very much loved!

Christy said...

So cute!! You lucky girl! :)

Robin Fisher said...

Love the flowers and the post about the blankets.

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Happy Anniversary (a little later!) Sounds like it was wonderful. I am glad you've been spoiled as of late- you deserve it!

Trish said...

Thank you so much for the scarf! I love it and my girls were disappointed that it wasn't for them. :o) Was it on your list of projects to finish before the baby got here?