
Wow, looking at this wall now makes me wonder how I lasted so long with no color in this room. The piano had already been moved when I snapped the photo, but it used to be to the left of the roll top desk.
.

In progress. That's my cute friend Erika peeking out from behind the china hutch. She and her husband Josh made a short work of the wall and decorating and were finished in 2 1/2 hours. Amazing!
.

The completed wall before the furniture was rearranged.
.

We moved the piano across the room to make room for these beauties:

I found these antique screens at a yard sale in my neighborhood and paid $1 each. I removed the copper screens because they were painted on and horribly tarnished. These frames were actually the inspiration for the whole rearrange and paint job. I needed to find some way to work them into the decor, but as I had it before there was no cohesiveness with them.
.

The third screen frame ended up above my kitchen pass through window. I intend to hang our family scripture in vinyl lettering inside the panes.
.
I am SO pleased with how the whole project turned out. I love the navy blue wall. I'm still trying to sell Kraig on the cool antique, distressed (and cheap) frames, but overall he's thrilled with the change too.
.
Thanks, Josh and Erika, for all your help!
8 comments:
That's a nice shade of blue. I'm decorating challenged too!
I can't wait to see it in person!!!
I also loved the pictures of the rolls. I LOVE my kitchen aid, too. We are so glad you have it.
Go, Jacqui! After 42 years of white walls (easier if you move lots and we did at first), I am ready for some color, too. Now to convince your dad. :-)
How could you keep quiet about this?!? I talked to you like 3 times this morning and you never mentioned it once. I think it looks GREAT! It is amazing what a little color can do. I can't wait to see it.
I also was totally robbed of the decor gene. Tricia again! Curse her! You have the "good friend" gene and that more than makes up for it cuz now you have a lot of friends to help you! It looks great!
How fun to have your friend help you with that! I wish I had such a friend nearby. Tyler is in the process of painting a couple rooms in the new house and it's taken him DAYS on end. It's hard work! Your place looks great!!!
Nice! That blue complements the light wood very well.
Very cool.
Loved seeing the navy wall, the rolls, the birthday tidbits re: Kraig and your blatant honesty about why you're not blogging constantly- tired and prego! I love to read up on your life. You are amazing!
Post a Comment