But on a more exciting note than turning 29, Kraig and I leave for our cruise ONE WEEK from today! 

I must admit, I'm a little nervous about leaving the children for a week, flying across the country, and loading myself and my honey on a large boat. I'm trying to settle my anxiety about leaving by preparing lists and menus and addresses and directions.
Please help me! If you've ever left your children for an extended period of time, what were things you wish you'd done or what were some things you were so glad you'd taken care of before leaving?
10 comments:
Happy Birthday! How cool that you can celebrate by taking a cruise. I want to hear all about it when you get back!
We all want to wish you a very happy Birthday on this special day. Hope you get our nice singing so you can replay it over and over again. I can't wait to see if the cake you made looks the same as this one. If it is, will you be able to make all three wedding cakes for my girls when they grow-up?(Thanks) Anyway, hope you have FUN on your cruize with your best friend. As for things to remember, I don't know since the longest I have been away from the kids is 30hr.and most of that time was them sleeping. So good luck. We sure love you all and hope to hear or see you soon! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
The cake looks like it came from the Mad Hatter in Wonderland! I hope you really did make it. I would be very impressed. And how could you not have the best birthday ever after making and then eating such a crazy, colorful cake? What a perfect getaway for you and Kurt!! Have so much fun! The kids will have just as much fun with you gone. And then the second you get back they'll miss you and be so happy you're back.:) I'm not so sure I can promise you anything about you not missing them though.
Happy Happy Birthday! What a fun idea for a b/day gift---a cruise! Things I wish I'd thought of when leaving the kids? This: once gone, Don't worry so much about the kids! They love grandma more anyway! :)
Have so much fun!!
Happy Birthday yesterday! I haven't left the kids for that long, but looking back I wish I would have gone on vacation before I had #3.....and #4! Enjoy it and don't worry.
Happy Birthday! I have been amazed during the two times I left my kids how little I worried about them. Just tell yourself that the best thing you can do for your kids is have a strong marriage--and then have a blast just you and Kraig!
make sure you leave a letter giving your permission for medical treatment should it be needed. Be sure and sign it, and leave insurance cards.
Happy happy birthday to you!! For some reason I thought your birthday was in October, I guess that is because I know you like that month and you and the color orange just seem to belong together. Either way, I hope your birthday is the best one yet and I hope you enjoy your cruise!!
Happy Birthday, again! I have no advice to give, but you are going to have so much fun on the cruise...
Have fun on the cruise...did you actually make a cake like that...you didn't mention it, so I'll assume not?
Post a Comment