Brenda came over Saturday afternoon to sew some spring skirts with me. We had a few equipment malfunctions with my serger and sewing machines, but after working those out we flew through the skirts. Here are some work-in-progress and finished product photos:
My sewing room/guest bedroom/nursery (when needed) gets pretty crowded. We ended up putting the ironing board in the walk-in closet to give us more space to move around. I think I'll do that again.
Kraig came home while we were finishing up Brenny's skirt. He came up to chat with us while we sewed and then we listened to a book on tape he'd been listening to called Hunger Games. It's pretty good. I love to listen to books on tape while I sew.One reason I love this room as my sewing room is because I can put a gate on the door and the kids won't go in. That means I can leave my machines and half finished products laying around without fear of the kids messing with them. I also love my guest bed-cum-sewing table. It's up high enough that I don't strain my back bending over the material and fabric. Working at my kitchen table used to kill me.
Finished product. We used the same fabric and the same concept with the scalloped lining hanging down, but different patterns--Brenny's is more flouncy, mine's more fitted. We both added some fun top-stitching designs in a noticeable color to make the patterns our own.Both of us also got a few compliments at church the next day, so the project was a success! When's the next project, Bren?
9 comments:
Those are so cute! Nice work.
Bren, look at the different colors of our legs. We look like we're from different continents. ;)
That's it -- I'm buying self tanner. Of course, there is still no way I will ever be as dark as you...
Great skirts!! You didn't happen to make 2 more for your older sisters? he,he, he
Wow, fun project. BTW-I loved the Hunger Games, can't wait for the sequel.
You are amazing. Daughters of mine who like to sew--who would have thought! I cannot help but smile when I see the two of you together having fun and being creative. I guess that I am going to have to read or listen to "Hunger Games" also.
I love the skirts! They are darling! I haven't sewn anything since I think 8th grade! You two are amazing!
I love that skirt, and if I remember correctly so did Cash! He was mesmerized by it in Relief Society! You have been a busy woman!
Cute skirts! And how did you like Hunger Games? It's my next book club book, but I can't find it at any of the libraries within 40 miles of my house. All checked out. Is it good enough to buy?
Post a Comment