Thursday, April 5, 2012

Toot! Toot!

I played in my first stake women's basketball game tonight. It has been five years since the last one in Heber, UT, and frankly, I am not 17 anymore.

Lots of reasons to be anxious about it--what if I can't run and dribble anymore? What if I miss all my baskets? What if I can't chug my lazy bones up and down the court for 30 minutes?

Well, the last one was only partly a problem, but oh what fun! So great to be part of a team for a few minutes and cheer for each other's successes and attempts. I scored six points, which is not too shabby in my book. We even won the game, which makes my personal victory a little bit sweeter.

So here is me, tooting my own horn. Toot! Toot!

3 comments:

A. said...

Awesome! I love your fun updates. Thanks for including us in your life this way.

Helen said...

I would have loved to have been on the sideline cheering you on. Way to go, Jacqui!!!!

Robin Fisher said...

You are SO COOL!