I just can't seem to catch a break with this whole blogging thing. But alas, if there is a will, there's a way and I think I may have found a way. Then again, this might all just blow up in my face.
Kraig and I decided to pool our Christmas money this year to update our family room a bit. Kraig picked out a wonderful new television on Black Friday. It was actually built in this century--this year even! (Thanks, Fuzzy, for loaning us your tv that was built in 1993. It's been a champ). I also wanted to update the entertainment center, since the old tv was just sitting on a coffee table a friend gave us (to sell in our yard sale, but I never sold it...)
Anyway, I found a dresser on craigslist that was the right price--inexpensive! It was in pretty bad shape, as evidenced by the photos, but it was sturdy and the solidly constructed. Kraig and I sanded it down, painted it, updated the hardware (which cost more than the dresser, bytheway) and viola! We don't look like our living room was decorated from yard sales. Ahem. Oh wait...
I told Kraig that all I wanted for Christmas was to have him help me with projects like this. Next we will tackle the china hutch that hold my grandmother's antique china. So so SO excited!
Merry Christmas!
2 comments:
Yea, you blogged! I wish I could see the new familyroom. Hope some pic. come soon. Looks like you spoiled Kraig again this year for his b-day! So fun. Makes my mouth water just looking and reading about what you had. Sure do love you all and hope to skype or talk to you soon.!
I need some pictures :)
Post a Comment